• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Employee Recruitment Tips?

MarkH42

We are a sign/graphics shop in Birmingham, AL, a metro area with about 1 million people. We have 7 employees and would like to hire someone to help with production work and some onsite installations. I would like to find someone with experience if possible. We used craigslist with some success in the past, but I would like to know how you go about trying to find qualified candidates. I have considered using an employment agency, but that is an expensive route. Clearly a good employee is worth it, but I wonder if any of you have had success with a local government agency or other resource I haven't considered. I mentioned the size of our city because the process differs from a small town to a larger city. We are somewhere in the middle. Any tips you can offer on how best to reach potential candidates? Thanks in advance for your input.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
LinkedIn, Indeed, other actual job sites.
To me, Craigslist is an absolute last resort- and only for "grunt" labor because it's exceedingly rare that respondents are above that level.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
One that really works..................... Call one or two of your closest vendors. Ask them if they know of any disgruntled employees working in the area. Not disgruntled that it's for hurting someone, but many times, someone wants a raise or needs more hours or just more room to move up the ladder........ your vendors are always hearing about this kinda stuff. Try it, ya might come away with 2 or 3 really good leads. JUST..... don't ask them for inside information.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

rjssigns

Check your local technical college. Our local tech college offers a wide format class in addition to the graphic design program. New classrooms and drive in install bay should be complete soon.
Can always check with their trades department too.