• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Empty ink cartrigages

abadsvt

I remember reading something some where about a company that will give you credits to your account if you send them the empty ink cartrigages. I have been saving them (eco sol max ink cartrigage) and i need to do something with them. Theres just too many. Anyone remember something like that? What do you do with your cartrigages? Thanks

Josh

zigns62

Roland Cartridge Recycling Program
• You’ll receive a $5.00 credit toward the purchase of one new Roland Eco-Sol Max ink cartridge for
each 440cc original Roland Eco-Sol Max cartridge returned.
• You’ll receive a $2.50 credit toward the purchase of one new Roland Eco-Sol Max ink cartridge for
each 220cc original Roland Eco-Sol Max cartridge returned.
• You can choose to receive a $1.00 per cartridge INSTANT credit, with a minimum of 25 original
Roland Eco-Sol Max ink cartridges. This instant credit is applicable to any Roland Eco-Sol Max ink
purchase.
• No after market, refilled, re-manufactured, or non Roland Eco-Sol Max ink cartridges will be
accepted.
• Minimum 5 cartridges returned.
• No maximum limit of cartridges returned.
This is from Ordway sign supply

TimToad

Double check the fine print on this deal. Yes, they will take all your used cartridges and give you $5 credit towards the purchase of a new single cartridge, but be aware that they ONLY give you the $5 for each cartridge you buy AT A TIME. Or you can take $1 per returned cartridge in a lump sum on any purchase of the same ink.

If you were expecting to be able to use your entire credit of $5 per returned cartridge at one time, it doesn't work that way. Unless you want to spend years using up several hundred dollars worth of credits $5 at a time, this isn't that great of a deal other than the environmentalism of it.

printhog

There's usually more than $5 of ink left in them. We drain them and top off the newer ones. There's often 30ml or better in them even though they read empty. My friends color painter leaves almost 80ml in "empty" carts.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

LJ4133

I remember reading something some where about a company that will give you credits to your account if you send them the empty ink cartrigages. I have been saving them (eco sol max ink cartrigage) and i need to do something with them. Theres just too many. Anyone remember something like that? What do you do with your cartrigages? Thanks

Josh

JasonMeisnerSTS

If you are looking for a less expensive, true OEM replacement, I would love the opportunity to earn your business. We do some recycle programs but with the eco solvent 440ml cartridges, we manufacture a brand new mold for each cartridge instead of refilling them. To do that you will need a chip program and chips and the time and effort will probably not be worth it. I retail my 440ml for Roland and Mimaki for $75 and Mutoh for $85

phototec

There's usually more than $5 of ink left in them. We drain them and top off the newer ones. There's often 30ml or better in them even though they read empty. My friends color painter leaves almost 80ml in "empty" carts.

That sounds like a good idea to me, can you explain in more detail how you drain and then top off the newer one's. What is the process and how do you actually fill the newer carts?

Thanks fro this great idea!

printhog

That sounds like a good idea to me, can you explain in more detail how you drain and then top off the newer one's. What is the process and how do you actually fill the newer carts?

Thanks fro this great idea!
For cartridge machines without chips.. First off weigh your brand new cartridges with a gram kitchen scale. You'll weigh the empties as well. The difference is the volume of ink inside in milliliters. I track my cartridges by weighing them every so often and charting it on a cartridge weight record. Makes reordering time easy.

Once your new cartridge is down by 50cc or so, you can refill. I usually wait till 100cc tho.

I use a 50cc cattle syringe from enasco.com (part #C25633N) with a 16ga leurlock needle (part # C29520N) attached, I grind the needle to be flush so it doesn't prick the ink bag, based on btdt experience!. the heavy duty vet syringe is needed so you can get a good grip to pull the ink out of the bag. I up end the cartridge so the ink port is down, insert the blunted needle, feel for the seal to give way, and then draw the ink out 50 cc at a time.
Reverse the process by putting new cartridge port up, insert needle, push ink into cartridge. When done with ink transfer, pull some suction on the new cartridge to remove any air you might have added.
So long as you don't exceed the original cartridge weight you should be fine. I've been doing this for 8 years after we abandoned a junky bulk ink setup that was horrible.

And Yes you can buy bulk ink by liter or even gallon and save. You can get ink costs down to $0.06 PSF that way with 220% cover.

Takes about 5 minutes to refill a 440ml once experienced.

If you have a machine that reads the chip based on nozzle firing, go online and buy a chip resetter.