• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EMS 606PC3 problems

HarryC

Hi everyone! I am working with a signmate1000 at the shop I'm at and we have been having some troubles lately. We use an EMS 606PC3 frequency drive and it keeps giving me a low voltage error code. I have checked the incoming voltage and everything looks right, but we still have this problem intermittently. Sometimes it works fine and other times I can't get it to run at all. It's especially bad if I turn the machine off and let it sit over an extended period like a weekend.

I have found that if I put a screw driver on one of the top leftmost screws that the wires connect to and push it will turn back on. It works in a pinch but I find myself having to do this over and over throughout the course of the day sometimes it will even shut off midway through a job.

Not sure if anyone knows anything about these machines or has run into a similar issue but all of my searches haven't turned up anything. Anyone run into anything like this before?

billsines

Hi everyone! I am working with a signmate1000 at the shop I'm at and we have been having some troubles lately. We use an EMS 606PC3 frequency drive and it keeps giving me a low voltage error code. I have checked the incoming voltage and everything looks right, but we still have this problem intermittently. Sometimes it works fine and other times I can't get it to run at all. It's especially bad if I turn the machine off and let it sit over an extended period like a weekend.

I have found that if I put a screw driver on one of the top leftmost screws that the wires connect to and push it will turn back on. It works in a pinch but I find myself having to do this over and over throughout the course of the day sometimes it will even shut off midway through a job.

Not sure if anyone knows anything about these machines or has run into a similar issue but all of my searches haven't turned up anything. Anyone run into anything like this before?

Sounds like a loose connection. LOCK OUT THE POWER FIRST then get in there and check everything out.

Is this a 480 volt 3 phase machine? Make sure you LOCK OUT the power so someone can't come along and reenergize the machine while you're working in there and you get killed.