• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Encad Novajet 750 copy aka Skycolor Sc 750

Eskwelding

My apologies for going back in time but as a newbie i am learning within my budget $000.00.. I have XP Pro with Coreldraw X5 plus a Sc 750 which i have brought back to life, I did load Maintop 5.3 and got it to print once only then turned it all off to do some adjustments to inklines.
When i turned everything on again the computer and printer will not talked to each other. I have uninstalled everything and started again including resetting LPT and drivers.
Printer is working fine on it's own doing tests etc. but will not print from computer. Any help would be awesome as i would like to print some xmas stuff for the kids before xmas lol.
Thank you Lloyd

tetonsio

I used all kind of Encad printers since Novajet 2 up to 1000i. Your problem looks like the lpt port on your Mainboard, not on your pc as the printer prints its own tests. To eliminate the problem on the pc, try using a lpt to USB cable converter, if don't, you will have to fix the Mainboard or replace it. Also a lot Lan server could be used to test.

Eskwelding

I used all kind of Encad printers since Novajet 2 up to 1000i. Your problem looks like the lpt port on your Mainboard, not on your pc as the printer prints its own tests. To eliminate the problem on the pc, try using a lpt to USB cable converter, if don't, you will have to fix the Mainboard or replace it. Also a lot Lan server could be used to test.
Thank you for your reply but you lost me @ using a lpt to usb cable. i was using a usb cable so i am assuming this what you ment. i changed computers to see if it made a difference but i now have a computer that says it found new hardware but doesnt show it in the printers and it is searching for encad Inc117.51.0.1 driver.
I have searched the web for this driver and i cant get it unless i download shitloads of driver update programs from 3rd party sites. I just dont understand why it worked before and not now. driving me nuts or nuttier. Also i tried using serial port cable but same result

tetonsio

Are you on Win 10? If it worked before try to roll back to the date it worked and don´t let win 10 update drivers. I used original Encad printers, you say it is SC so must be chineese, they use win XP for all their printers. I don´t know if the made a driver, should be in some cd. I assume you don´t have LPT port in your PC, normally the PC mainboard has the LPT port but disabled and without the cable adapter. If you can get it you could work straight from LPT to make it easier and avoid the LPT to USB conversion.

Eskwelding

I have another idea. Uninstall the driver, roll back, disconnect internet and disable antivirus.
I keep getting a message needs Encad Inc 117.51.0.1 driver , i have sent email to Skycolor the maker of the machine requesting said driver but have had no reply.
I think it will be a bin job

tetonsio

What RIP are you using? If you have the USB cable to lpt1 you should have a port like USB--0 or something so you don´t need the windows driver.
Actually I print on a Mutoh Falcon old printer on win 10, no driver fo windows but using the USB port from Photoprint. Check picture...
USB.jpg

Eskwelding

I keep getting a message needs Encad Inc 117.51.0.1 driver , i have sent email to Skycolor the maker of the machine requesting said driver but have had no reply.
I think it will be a bin job
thanks for your reply but i think im over my head on this stuff, i see you are using Photoprint server which i dont have so i dont understand that.
I have xp pro , Coreldraw X5 , Maintop 5.3 as RIP program and a headache. cable is standard usb printer cable. Laptop is Toshiba Satellite A300

Last edited:

Eskwelding

What RIP are you using? If you have the USB cable to lpt1 you should have a port like USB--0 or something so you don´t need the windows driver.
Actually I print on a Mutoh Falcon old printer on win 10, no driver fo windows but using the USB port from Photoprint. Check picture... View attachment 130553

Tetosio i got it to work with a different computer and i also bought a print server. Rip software is Maintop pro. I do have a new problem now as it will not print at all, the machine goes through all the motions of printing but no ink comes out. It was printing but during the tests i went to reduce the amount of ink via the setting Ink reduction and it stopped printing and no matter what i do i cannot get it to print. Any ideas?