• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Encoder Strip Issues

K2

So I have a SP-540v and it has been a (slow) work horse for many years but for some reason here lately it seems like I am having to take apart, remove encoder strip and clean it constantly. Usually takes 2 cleans to get it going right and it will work good and then roughly a week later, same thing. I have flipped the old one over and after that didnt seem to help I just bought a new one. Stuck that one in and I have the same problem. Could there be another issue going on here? Doesnt seem to have any bad over spray, clean shop, not over worked, out of ideas.

K2

My prints seem to be banding a bit more and is a bit fuzzy around edges but when it really goes bad (approxamately a week after cleaning strip) is when the print really starts walking mid print.

Hey K2,

VanderJ is right, the problem is likely the encoder sensor. You should call your Roland dealer to discuss this with them and possibly order a replacement sensor.

Take care,
Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn