• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Enduralam 54" cold laminator

Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a laminator for a while. I contacted someone I know that I use to lease the laminator through. He is willing to sell me the laminator. It's been in storage since after we returned it to him about two years ago.

what should I look for? Flat spots on the roller? Are they easy to spot?

when we used it, my partner did all the laminating as at that time I was new to the business so I never laminated more than twice that I could remember. It worked really well when we had it, we did multiple wraps with it. I do remember my partner dropping it a little hard off a three inch to four inch curb moving it outside, the thing is super heavy!

anything I should look for? Anything I should worry about? I've read the threads and seems its a good way to go until I can save up for a Kala that I really want.

thanks in advance.

AF

The Kala is a nice machine, same with Seal and AGL and some of the tower-style generics. AGL is what we went with and couldn't recommend it more. If the Kala is in your budget, then the entry level Seal and AGL are options. One of the many reasons we chose AGL was the safety mechanisms, being in California we get to deal with CalOSHA which is regular OSHA on steroids and PCP. The GISO are sufficiently vague with regards to laminators to allow for some creative interpretations by the CalOSHA field personnel so having the safest machine available leaves no grey area.

As for the used laminator, if it has damaged rollers (the heart of the machine) I would walk away. You should try to inspect it, it could be the best solution since you were happy with it before and familiar with it.

Thanks for the information. Kala isn't within my budget right now. I'm going to save for that one. I wanted the Maestro that's about 12k. I told him if he wants me to buy it now, I only have about 1500 for a laminator (Separate account I use to save for machines and other equipment. I just let it build up until I can but what I want.) He wants me to go 2k. I'm really hoping the rollers are still perfect. We did some long lamination runs with it with no problem other than temporary silvering. Other than that no issues that I could remember. I'm going to buy some cheap laminated to start webbing and do some in house prints for the office to practice laminating.

I really want a heat assisted laminator. I've seen those ones from China for like $2000, Looks similar to the US Cutter one that someone on here posted.

AF

Thanks for the information. Kala isn't within my budget right now. I'm going to save for that one. I wanted the Maestro that's about 12k. I told him if he wants me to buy it now, I only have about 1500 for a laminator (Separate account I use to save for machines and other equipment. I just let it build up until I can but what I want.) He wants me to go 2k. I'm really hoping the rollers are still perfect. We did some long lamination runs with it with no problem other than temporary silvering. Other than that no issues that I could remember. I'm going to buy some cheap laminated to start webbing and do some in house prints for the office to practice laminating.

I really want a heat assisted laminator. I've seen those ones from China for like $2000, Looks similar to the US Cutter one that someone on here posted.

Paying cash for equipment purchases is a good plan. Contrary to what many will say, heat assist is very important in certain climates. A good laminator weighs as much as a small car, costs as much as a small car but will make you money. If you plan to load the laminator into a mezzanine or basement you would want a light weight model for safety and practicality. The nice thing about starting with a basic laminator is that you can outsource to a local shop any huge runs that are not possible on the starter equipment.