• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EnduraLam tension settings?

jr_t1t

I recently bought a used EnduraLam cold laminator. Was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out with the tension settings. It seems no matter how I spool the lamination the laminate tends to creep up towards the discarded backing roll as I laminate. Its ok on short runs because it typically doesn't have time to make it all the way up, but on long runs if I don't catch it in time it will creep up enough to touch the discarded backing paper roll which then ruins the print.

Do I need more/less tension on the lamination roll....more/less tension on discard backing paper roll?

I'll try to figure out how to attach a short video of what I'm talking about if you guys think it will help. Thanks.

AF

Reducing tension on the liner takeup roller should slow how quickly it grabs the liner. On long runs you need to periodically adjust this tension as the diameter of the takeup increases. Unattended laminating is like leaving your wallet on the sidewalk. You may get lucky but soon enough it will cost you money.

jr_t1t

Would anyone happen to have a manual on the enduralam or USTech machine or be able to explain a little more in depth on how to start your tension settings on new laminate roll/empty liner roll versus how you adjust as you have less laminate/bigger liner roll. Sorry, just didn't get a manual with this thing and the only other laminator I have experience with was a royal sovereign and I don't recall having near as much trouble getting things right. Thanks.