• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Enduralam

Missouri Ozarks

The top roller on my laminator gets "pink" all over what ever
gets against it or I run thru it. White vinyl, sign material, your hands, clothes, etc(Anything it comes in contact with). I have tried cleaning it; I have used a rubber conditioner on it, but nothing has helped. I have only been able to use it very limited due to this problem (I've had it for about 10 months). Has anyone had the same problem or know what to do to fix it?

CheapVehicleWrap

Sound like your roller is bunk, unless you've been using something harsh to clean it that's breaking it down. That's not a cheap part. Since you're warranty is near ending I'd call the place you got it from pronto and raise holly hell, before they go out of business.

Missouri Ozarks

Thanks for all the Welcomes!
Wrapswrapswraps...I have complained starting last August, but
I am not getting anywhere. Guess I need to get a little more
ROUGH. Thanks

timkaz227

My laminator was the same way. It went away after a couple of test runs thru the lam. Is it kinda of greasy feeling? I assumed it was something to protect the rubber rollers during shipping on the slow boat from china. Have you tried wiping it down w/ a clean cloth or mild soap and water?

Missouri Ozarks

Yes, I have tried soap and water, alcohol wipes(which it recommends on the machine)
and applying Armoral. If I run a white print thru with no masking it leave pink
smudges on it. The roller looks excellent....no cuts, marks etc. Just rubs off pink.

Custom_Grafx

sounds like it's had turps or something put on which has dissolved or is attacking the rubber. either way - i doubt there's a way to fix that that i know of... talcum powder?

Missouri Ozarks

I thought about powder...guess it is worth a try, can't think I have anything to lose. No, the roller is in excellent shape, no cuts , tears and it is firm(Mainly because it hasn't be used maybe 3 or 4 times.). Not gummy, greasy or slick. I wonder if cornstarch would be about the same as talcum powder?