• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EngravLab for Laser Engraver Question

rrjans

First, I hope this is the correct forum for my question. If not kindly, and gently direct me to the correct one. I have downloaded a trial version of CADlink EngravLab. The tools listed are for "Rotary Engraving" machines. To send a graphic to a "Laser Engraver" I believe the Print function is used. I have sent a request for support to CADlink with no response from them yet, so I thought maybe someone could help me here.

How do I set up the "Print" function in EngravLab to send a file to my Laser Engraver if that is the correct way to go. Do I use any printer and driver disk that I have and just connect the Engraver to the LPT port? I know that some Laser Engraver software has a direct print function but is that the case with EngravLab?

I appreciate any help that I might get. Thank you in advance.

Ron Jansen
(Tacoma,WA)

GVP

The printer driver, if there is one, would be tied to your laser engraver and not part of Engravelab. AFAIK you would just install it as another printer on your computer and whatever software you use (including Engravelab) would just use the installed driver. Do you know if your engraver came with a printer driver?

I use Corel for my laser, very handy and easy to use. I have a GCC laser and the driver works great with Corel. No extra program to learn or fight with.

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

V-ENGRAVE

Cadlink has modules for rotray and laser engravers so pick the one you will be sending files to (don't buy rotary module to drive laser). As already mentioned, mainstream laser have print driver that come with system and you would install it as another printer in your printer/faxes folder.

Most laser shops use Coreldraw simply because is cost lot less than other programs. I personally use Corel and Xenetech since I have both laser and rotary engravers.

tagsigns

We have an epilog laser that runs off signlab, it is set up simply as a network printer. Once the driver is installed you set all the laser functions as if you were printing on paper, it isn't SUPER complicated but knowing the proper settings for what you are engraving vs what you are cutting out is important.