• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Envision 375 cutting inconsistently

Camn

I have an Gerber Envision 375 that has recently acted up. Been working great for the last 6 months but today the cut alignment is off as the cuts move towards the left. The first cut (first image attached) is perfect, but as the cuts progress towards the left of the sheet they get off center and the rounded corners become not as precise (second picture). In the image, you can see that the cuts gets closer to the letters and even cut into the letters in some spots. I'm using Substance materials, which have worked flawlessly with this cutter for many jobs. The job I'm doing is a 3 mil vinyl with a 10 mil laminate.

So far I have installed a new blade, new cutting strip, cleaned glue off of rollers and wheels, lubed all moving parts, slowed down the speed and acceleration, and started from a fresh file. All to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 297
  • IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 156

Jburns

to rule out the machine, I would print same job single decal - then add repeats in layout on cheap vinyl - no laminate.
I assume you are using a 60 deg blade?

Jburns

Here is what I have run 6mil convex and 12 mil laminate at ( 18mil).

Speed 2.50, G = 0.200, oz. = 9.00, Corners 0.020 THREE passes.

Maybe lower pressure and try 2 passes.

Camn

Thanks so much!

My speed was 3.0, acceleration .20, force 13.0. Using a 60 degree blade.

I cut a sheet without laminate and the cuts still drifted off center towards the end. I did try two passes and lower force and it helped with the corners, it's much better now. Thanks for the tip on that.

The cuts are still drifting off center, is there a way to calibrate or re align the cutter?

JulieS

A dumb thing to check... make sure your hold-down bar is in the lowered position on the back of the plotter.

Joe House

On Gerber plotters, I always do initial troubleshooting with Gerber 220 vinyl. What vinyl are you using? If it's Gerber vinyl, compare the punch pattern with an older roll to make sure that the holes are lined up properly. Every now and then a roll will get punched incorrectly. Also, measure the print and make sure it is coming out the correct size. I've fought plotters many times over print/cut registration only to find out that the print was the wrong size. Where are you putting your bombsite target? I recommend centering it rather than using the corner mark.
Is your blade holder in good order? Does the clamp that holds the blade holder tighten correctly? Does the carriage ride smoothly and is the belt tight?
Lots of things to check, but these are what I usually find to be common problems. Less likely, but something else I've seen is that the gears get packed with dirt and oil and loose their accuracy or may even crack the plastic gear. Check to make sure they're clean and in good shape.

Good Luck