• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Envision 375 - Inaccurate Cutting of Target

phatmanu812

My Envision 375 is consistently cutting to the right of the target (positive X-axis). Put another way, the cut is near perfect on the horizontal target line but to the right of the vertical target line. Of course, this adversely impacts the rest of the job.

No problem sending the job from GSPlot to a different Envision 375. Looks great.

I've cleaned all the carriage posts and bearings with isopropanol and applied 3-in-one oil. The sprockets are squeaky clean too.

Any thoughts?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You might also want to set it up for printing centered on vinyl and the target in the center. then compare to not centered on vinyl and target at the bottom.

phatmanu812

The target is at the center of the vinyl, not at the bottom.

Also, the job cuts fine on a second Envision 375 in the shop.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The target is at the center of the vinyl, not at the bottom.

Also, the job cuts fine on a second Envision 375 in the shop.

Trust me. There are differences in the accuracy in different situations and with different plotters in the two parameters I mentioned. You have very little to lose by experimenting with different combinations of

• Center or not center the print on the vinyl.
  • Target in the middle or at the bottom.
My particular machine absolutely will not correctly cut a paneled job with the target in the middle, but it is the most accurate on non-paneled cuts when in the middle. I also get less errors when I print on the center of the vinyl.

phatmanu812

Fred - I tried all four combinations. Didn't help. Any other suggestions?

One difference between the two plotters is the one that fails to correctly cut the target advances the vinyl about 8-12 inches before it rewinds and cuts the target. It also periodically pauses in the middle of the job and does the same advance and then rewind. The plotter that correctly cuts the target does not do this.

Is their a default setting that I can change to stop the troubled plotter from doing the advance/rewind before and during jobs? I may get a different and better result.

Thanks

Tony

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It is a setting in your plotter firmware named "pulldown". You access it through the LCD panel of the plotter. It serves to keep the plotter from jerking at a full roll. I turned mine to "0" years ago because it also requires a trailing bit of material to keep the vinyl from coming off the tracks. You will need to research which buttons to click and in what order to reach it.

While you are there, check and compare the firmware version with your other plotter. There was an upgrade released a couple of years ago that I was told was important.

phatmanu812

Firmware was different between the two plotters. Upgrading the firmware on the troubled plotter fixed my plotter. Thanks a bunch!

I also found the pulldown and set it to zero.

Thanks again for your help. You're a wonderful resource.

Tony