• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Envision 375 Pen Holder Issue

particleman

My Envision 375 (well used) has had a recurring issue of a loose pen holder screw since I've had it. I've seen newer ones that Gerber has changed how this works. It is becoming a pretty big issue now, my pen won't stay in.

Anyone seen this before and what did you do to fix it? I'd guess worse case I need an entire assembly, but I'd like to avoid that if possible obviously.

IMG_20190823_094004.jpg IMG_20190823_094024.jpg IMG_20190823_094035.jpg

FunkotronXL

You can do a makeshift repair to force it to stay in there, but it is a bit counterproductive as the tool is designed for quick swaps. You've got an OG one, haven't seen that style since 2010. It's an unfortunate design flaw Gerber has since fixed.

Likely need to replace the assembly. New version is a lot better, just make sure to lube it every once in a while.

particleman

Mine was dated 2002, I just received a new one today, but am working through a new issue now! It could be defective, but I'm getting inconsistent cutting force.

particleman

I had to purchase a whole new assembly. Waiting on a call from Gerber. I did the calibrations but I feel like the assembly may be defective. It is failing to detect the calibration weight sometimes, other times the final number is very inconsistent. At this point I can't use it for anything, it isn't cutting well enough.

particleman

Just a status update on this for future reference. I replaced the "new" assembly with another new carriage assembly after speaking with Gerber. 5 minute swap the new one works perfectly as it should. So I guess I just got a defective unit.