• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Envision 375 Plotter Target Calibration

GB2

Old Member
Recently my Envision 375 plotter target calibration seems to be off a little and the only thing different is that I recently upgraded to Omega 3.0. The plotter is cutting about 1/16"+ lower in the feed direction than it should be. I just performed the printer to plotter calibration procedure, and that appears fine, but it does not address the problem that I'm having. I can't seem to find any other way to adjust the plotting/feed direction calibration. I've got to think that it is related to my software upgrade but I don't know what else to try. Does anyone else have any idea?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Same setup and I haven't had the problem, so I doubt it is software related. You might want to download the Omega 3.0 SP1 update to see if that helps.

bcpop

I had the same problem. It was software related. Make sure you have the latest updates for your plotter and then go through and clear out all of your .prm files. Gerber techs had a time figuring this out for me. Some of your .prm file can get corrupt and cause problems.

Tony Teveris

GB2 what were you running before you upgraded? GA or Omega 2.1 ?

If you ever saved a spool file (*.spl) with the older software and you still have it could you email it to me to look at. Sounds like you have an early Envision 375.

GB2

Old Member
Tony, I was running Omega 2.1 on a different computer and never had any issues with the plot registration. Now, when it goes to cut a print job, it even marks the target just about a 1/16" low and then cuts the job the same way. If I manually sight the target that low then it cuts fine, but that is no way to operate and not extremely accurate. I may have a spl file that was run on Omega 2.1 but on a different computer. I'll check and send it to you if that might help. I have not yet checked to see if I have the latest update that Fred referred to so I don't have anything else to report just yet.

Tony Teveris

The older spl file will help us determine what we might have changed.

I do not think a software update will fix anything. I'd like you to check the mother board revision in the Envision but I"m not really sure what to ask for. When you start the Envision what does it say it's firmware version is?

bcpop

I am telling you if you will look at my previous post it could fix your problem. I loaded 3.0 on and brand new computer and transfered my files to that computer, and started I having exactly the same problem. I printed and cut samples for the Gerber techs, UPS'd printed jobs for them to cut. When we did what I previously suggested, it fixed the problem. Download the lastest upgrades for your plotter and get rid of all of your .prm files.

Tony Teveris

I will dig a little deeper. Envision upgrades all depend on the mother board in your Envision, early MB had a 1mb memory board, later versions have a 4mb memory board. This change happened over 10 years ago.

GB2

Old Member
OK, well I checked and I don't have any older SPL files. I downloaded and installed the Omega 3.0SP1 update and I see the enVision_RevH.zip update, which I have not yet downloaded or installed because it says:
This file contains the latest firmware (Rev H) for the enVision series plotters. Requires enVision firmware at version E or higher.
I don't know how to check the firmware in my Envision. Tony, when it starts, it doesn't give me a firmware message.

GB2

Old Member
OK, so bcpop you had the ticket...I downloaded the latest firmware upgrade Version H, installed it, recalibrated my plotter with the standard calibration test and now....Perfect! I did place a call to Gerber Service to work with them to resolve this too, and they confimed that procedure and talked me through it in exceptional Gerber fashion! If anyone else does this with their Envision, be sure to check your firmware prior to upgrading as you can do damage if it is not the proper version. Gerber is happy to assist if you have any questions, give them a call first. Thank you all for the input, everything is good again!

Same issue

I have done all the things above and I am still having an issue. We just updated our software and got new computer since windows 98 machine took dump.... Behind on the times I know.

I am running a windows 7 machine had to get a parallel and serial port conversion cable. Anything I am doing wrong? We don't use this machine everyday but when we do It needs to be almost perfect when it cuts.

V1

Pieter22
Same issue.

I have downloaded Envision_RevH.zip en started updating the firmware.
After a couple of seconds it stops updating the firmware and then the Gerber Envision started beeping. The Envision stopt working since. Every time I start the envision it is beeping and the display only shows 2 rows of black boxes.

Gerber Envision System:
G.4/F.2/E.0/G
_Foreign_, Ver G.0

Can't figure out what is going wrong.
I checked the fuses and they are fine. Factory Reset (Hold down the F1 & CANCEL buttons, then power up the machine) also does not work.