• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help EO74 ERR CR2 CURRENT

Larry L

I have been experiencing all sorts of issues with my 1204, now I am getting this EO74 message and it will not run. Not sure what to try next.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When and where does the error pop up? Right when the machine turns on or during a print? This error can be many things but usually has something to do with the encoder strip and sensor or the head being physically stopped from moving properly.

Larry L

I found the head jamming up in the parked position. I removed the latch and it works fine. From past experience that had to be cleaned well and work freely. Odd now even with it working freely, with the head up, it still jams. I tried to print without it in place is but I ran out of ink after a 3 inches of travel.

RG

I have the same printer and have had the same problem. You said that you removed the latch (lock). This is the part that is mounted onto the frame and only moves up and down. You need to take the lock (latch) kicker off and clean it well. This part is mounted on the left side of the carriage, and, of course, moves with the carriage. Removing it is a little tricky. You will have to move the carriage to the left, remove the screw on top that holds it down, and put a finger inside it to push a hidden latch that released the lock kicker. I took mine apart about 3 years ago, cleaned it good, and put a little graphite in there. It's worked fine since then.