• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson 60670 Pausing/Hesitating?

jfiscus

Rap Master
(a bit of background) We have been printing 4-pass on a 180c profile only since we have purchased this machine a week ago.
I know there are parameters to allow for the head to "pause" after each pass, and I have it set to 0 in that customized media profile.\
All of my files are ripped through Onyx 11 using that same profile, and I know this job is also.

SOMETIMES during printing I have noticed that the head "hesitates" after a pass on the material, it happens continuously until the end of the print IF it starts happening. But, it doesn't usually happen. This slows the printing down by a minute or so every panel now, which does add up over time. It also seems to add a real little bit of banding compared to when it isn't pausing.

It seems like a print will start out printing fine w/o hesitations after passes, then I will walk back in a few panels later and the printer will be hesitating/pausing during printing. Does anyone know why this is happening?

jfiscus

Rap Master
Could this be caused by heat? I think it may have to do with its proximity to the HP latex printer. It seems to happen more frequently when they're both running at the same time.

Much more likely to be due to more network bandwidth being consumed by having both devices running concurrently than by heat. The printer is waiting for data, which causes the pauses in between each pass.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Much more likely to be due to more network bandwidth being consumed by having both devices running concurrently than by heat. The printer is waiting for data, which causes the pauses in between each pass.
I will have to have my IT guy come over and check this for me, thanks for the idea.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Lack of memory or harddrive space on the rip computer?
It is a pretty new Intel processor with mostly empty SSD drives and 16 GB of RAM, so I'm thinking this isn't the problem.
The Onyx Rips for each printer are also on separate computers.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Did you ever figure this out?

We print 8 pass 95% of the time, but had a very quick and dirty job we needed to do so did it on a 4 pass profile and experienced the exact same issue.

RIP PC is connected directly to the same network as the printer and showed a fairly steady output between 30-50MBps outbound to the printer.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Nope, it does happen less frequently now though. Might have been caused by lots of previous jobs left in the que. We do a better job of keeping it tidy now.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Thanks... this is the first time we've printed 4 pass so it just felt unusual that it took longer than an 8 pass print.
Probably won't have to do it again for a while, or just stick to 6 and 8 pass which we've never had these issues with.