• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Epson Gs 6000 leaving streaks on prints

Maxon70

Hello all,

Anyone know what would cause this, I am getting ink bleeds on large prints, see attached

Could this be a wiper problem?

Thanks in advance..

Attachments

• 20170526_142848.jpg
    20170526_142848.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 198

euronymous

You talking about the little blue streaks? Are they in the same area every time? Try cleaning the encoder strip. Could (more likely) be the ribbon cable from the print carriage board to the mainboard - pain in the glutes to replace

Maxon70

You talking about the little blue streaks? Are they in the same area every time? Try cleaning the encoder strip. Could (more likely) be the ribbon cable from the print carriage board to the mainboard - pain in the glutes to replace

Thanks for the reply, no Its not on every print or the same spot every time, just seems to be on large prints,

I will try cleaning the encoder strip, this is on a GS6000

euronymous

I've only worked with Roland's but assuming most printers work the same I'd bet on something electrical with the cable to the printhead or board that controls the printhead.

Maxon70

Just tried a few more prints after cleaning the carriage, encoder strip, dampers and replacing the wiper and flushing pad,and its still doing it ..

Maxon70

Just printed a couple more prints and now its not a smear its a fine line in the print where the white should be