• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson gs 6000 printer ink issues

Mark Monterey

[h=2]Epson gs 6000 no ink coming out[/h]
We have a gs6000 and the head moves across the path but no ink comes out. Even during a nozzle check.
We replaced the main board- same problem.
Although we did an unexplained shutdown during the firmware update, the machine did turn back on and allow us to complete the setup, initial flag charge etc.
Still no ink thru the heads.
We then changed both heads, valves and wiper, but still have the same issue.
We are now trying to change a sub board that attached to the to of the carriage, on top of the heads.
Also wonder what the symptoms of the ink valve solenoid going out would be.
Epson is no help, Decision One is even less help.
CAN SOMEONE HELP US.​

greysquirrel

You are not going to want to hear this but she is probably done. I have seen way too many of these fail like this...most printers will slowly die...with the GS they just die...seems like a simple fix...no ink firing but ink is moving...main board...carriage board and data cables...add heads still a no go...what does that tell you?
If you had D1 onsite to repair and they cannot...maybe they can take some of that service money for parts and convert it to a discount on a newer model...anything after the Surecolor 60675 is good to go...with a 2 yr warranty

greysquirrel

One place worth checking if you haven't...take the front heater off to expose boards...carefully look at all boards for shards of aluminum...yes aluminum...port design if you ask me but the track that everyone uses with a blade to cut their material over time will cause aluminum flakes to fall on unprotected boards...could be getting a short from somewhere in there....take a can of air and blow clear...

Mark Monterey

Epson gs 6000 no ink coming out

THX Grey squirrel,
Your right, we were hoping to not have to throw away another 15,000 printer, but that is what the industry seems to want. We have real photo printers
that outlast 10 printers. whatever.
We did take the front heater panel off yesterday. We didn't see any apparent burn marks but this morning after reading your reply a ran my finger in the compartment and it seems like it did have flakes of metal in there. Could that have shorted the power board?
We also noticed yesterday, the new heads we put in yesterday, only the left side seems ink charged, right on top of the heads. The lines going directly into the heads on the right side are not charged. Seems to us like all the lines going into the heads should have ink in them. We did follow the ink lines and they seem filled up to that point.
My tech who was using the machine when it went out said he heard a small little pop. He siad he had a paper jam, cleared it out, restarted the machine, reprinted the jammed print. But the following day when he returned he heard the pop.
Thx for the help

Urbanimage

Hello from every indication the solenoid valves may be burnt-out or are not opening when they are suppose to. I myself have been wondering what will happen if the valve is bypassed and the lines are connected directly without passing through any of the valves even though the valves are connected. Has anyone ever tried that just curious. Because I thinking of trying that if all else fails.

Urbanimage

Because the is no other explanation to why the beast won't pull ink to the heads if all is functioning well including the pumps. At least if something had shorted out the machine should error and indicate the bad part. By the way did succeed in solving the problem? Will like to know how you did it. Thanks