• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Epson GS6000 bleeding yellow

Maxon70

Happy new year everyone,

I can back from taking xmas day off and went to print some orders and my printer is printing yellow around my images and in the areas on the image that are suposed to be white, it started doing this Tuesday then I ran a bunch of cleaning cycles and it stopped and then yesturday morning the first print I did it stated doing it again, it seems to only do this to prints with yellow other colors print fine..

Does any one know what is causing this?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20171228_122815.jpg
    20171228_122815.jpg
    736.9 KB · Views: 154
  • 20171228_132024.jpg
    20171228_132024.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 154

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You are getting over spray which is usually caused by deflecting nozzles or a head that is just on it's way out. The first obvious solution is to clean all of the maintenance parts very well and then run a cleaning cycle. Check the nozzles to see if they are deflecting. If they aren't then it could be electrical. If ink or dust build up got on the head cable it can cause this issue. Also, try taking the cartridge out, shake it and then reinstall. Run a strong cleaning cycle and see if anything changes. The ink may just be separating and needs to be remixed.

After all of that if it still happens, try rubbing the machine down with dryer sheets. This will remove static and may fix the issue. Also, in these dry winter months the humidity drops significantly. If your humidity is too low it can cause over spray.

At the end of the day if nothing above fixes it, the head could just be taking it's last breaths.

Maxon70

Thanks for the quick reply, the nozzles all look good, I will try everything you said and let you know..

Thanks again I appriciate it..

unmateria

You are getting over spray which is usually caused by deflecting nozzles or a head that is just on it's way out. The first obvious solution is to clean all of the maintenance parts very well and then run a cleaning cycle. Check the nozzles to see if they are deflecting. If they aren't then it could be electrical. If ink or dust build up got on the head cable it can cause this issue. Also, try taking the cartridge out, shake it and then reinstall. Run a strong cleaning cycle and see if anything changes. The ink may just be separating and needs to be remixed.

After all of that if it still happens, try rubbing the machine down with dryer sheets. This will remove static and may fix the issue. Also, in these dry winter months the humidity drops significantly. If your humidity is too low it can cause over spray.

At the end of the day if nothing above fixes it, the head could just be taking it's last breaths.
I agree and i would add, try to print on a sheet of paper to see if is a roll static problem. Check mains cable to see if machine is properly grounded (check ohms between any Big metal part of machine, or the one little on the head, and your mains ground... It should be 0). Try cleaning with a soft clothes the carriage bearings too. First of all do what Vander told you (remove yellow cartdrige, shake It and throw some ml of ink to let the dampers get new remixed ink)

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6 mediante Tapatalk

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
We clean ours daily. Around each head, wiper. We have not had anything like what you are experiencing.

Also what is the humidity level at in your print area?