• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EPSON GS6000 : Can you tell if the Valve Assembly or Print Head is defective ?

PhantomSteve

I have an Epson GS6000.
Twice now I have had a black channel drop out on me.
The previous time was a year ago and it came down to dirty (or whatever) black ink.
We had to change the subtank and the head twice to get it back in action.
The head had only done 67% of its expected lifespan.

Now I have a similar problem and the head is only at 52% of its life.
The OGmc head is at 177% (which is more what I am used to getting out of a head).

It always seems to be black !!!
And this time it is only the "B" head.
The "A" black is printing 100%.

Is this a faulty Head or a faulty Valve Assembly ?
Is there any way to tell without replacing the Valve assembly (which is a huge job) ?
Could it be a faulty main board ?

One more weird symptom is that the printer does a clean before printing the first print of the day.
After it has completed the clean the pad between the heads and the printer bed is full of ink - so full that it doesn't drain away and actually touched the head on it's way past - and the pad is fairly new - only around 3 months old.
Never noticed this before - seems like the amount of ink being put down is way more than it used to put down.

We have technicians who seem clueless.
They just want to replace Heads without (in my opinion) proper analysis of the problem.

Anyone with an informed opinion ?
I'm no technical guy but with a Print Head costing R 40 000 (I'm in South Africa) and it only lasts a year and runs 52% of its expected life I am demanding better answers from Epson.
But none are forthcoming.

Attachments

• IMG_6759.jpg
    IMG_6759.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_6758.jpg
    IMG_6758.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_6757.jpg
    IMG_6757.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_6756.jpg
    IMG_6756.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_6755.jpg
    IMG_6755.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 359

ISLANDDI

I am having this exact same problem and it just started.

No black.

It started off the same as yours, but now it has progressed to no black ink at all. A and B. These of course are from the same head - and the head is brand new. (Let's say a couple months with very little use)
I have messed around with it and can deduce the sub tank for the black has ink in it.

For fun, I removed the head - and I can see that the black head valve assay dampers are dry. I believe they are clogged, and that is why there is no black ink because nothing is getting sucked in.

I have verified the pumps both work. I did this just by swapping the connections and proving that ink gets sucked in regardless of which pump is connected to the OTHER head.

So for fun I removed the left head, the one with the black, slapped in the head I removed months ago. Surely it will all be dry. When I did that, NO INK for any color was sucked in to the head on a clean. Then I swapped back to the head I just removed, and sure enough on a clean it sucks all the tubes except the two black tubes. I did piddle around with the tanks at the back, but I am confident in my case the dampers are dried up and clogged - as clearly dried up and clogged dampers don't allow the ink to get sucked up. (proof was the old head with surely dried up dampers)

EPSON Pro GS6000/11880/ 7900/9900 Damper / Valve - 1495821

http://www.sdott-parts.com/epson-pro-gs6000-damper-valve-1495821.html

I just ordered mine now. I believe this will in fact solve my problem, and if it doesn't, then I there is very little it can be but something upstream further.

I'm not a tech.

EUROLED

Epson GS6000 Black Color problem

Hi everyone my engilish is not very well but i will try say my epson GS6000 printer have problem about Black color i think clogged printheads how can I fix them I was clening heands light medium but nothing change maybe my problem cap or pump I am not sure have same pictures about test print I hope someone is help me about thise problem thank you.
20161011_185426.jpg 20161011_185420.jpg 20161011_185344.jpg 20161011_190949.jpg 20161011_184917.jpg

IvanDD

I found them, didnt realize they were right after the ink cartridges. I can pull all the way up to the damper in the head, so i guess it is a damper issue. I wonder if the heads still good. Anyone have any idea where I can buy dampers online?

posterframing

You are most likely using Epson black ink. This always clogs the head . Goto medical supply and get a syringe and tube . Open top cover above head . Unscrew head cover with Philips . Get small flathead screw driver and pop open valve assembly. Draw cleaning solution into syringe and hook up to both black channels and push it through . Put it back together and do cleaning. You should be ok. Also consider adding a filter to black channel or just use different ink other then Epson