• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Gs6000 issues

Maxon70

Anyone know why this printer is leaving these marks in the middle of my prints, Its not on every print, but it seems like its on the first print after it sits for more than a couple hours. the wiper blade is pretty worn, would that cause this issue?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20170501_125817.jpg
    20170501_125817.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 241

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Looks like the material is buckling up high enough for the head to make contact when it is moving back and forth.
I've noticed on my printers if I leave the material under the rollers for awhile and do not advance the material or reset the rollers it will do that on the next print. Material soaks up the heat from the platen when it is not moving.
Could be that or a mis-feed if the material was not loaded square and has skewed enough to be offset from the roll.
Some rolls are not wound evenly and can cause issues. If you see it you can tip them on end and tamp them against the floor(on a mat or carpet) so the side nearest the cleaning station is straight and even with the holding collar.
Last thing would be too much heat causing the the material to buckle after it comes out from under the pinch wheels during the print run.
Worn wiper would have the head throwing drops in random directions and not leaving those rub marks.

wayne k
guam usa

Maxon70

Looks like the material is buckling up high enough for the head to make contact when it is moving back and forth.
I've noticed on my printers if I leave the material under the rollers for awhile and do not advance the material or reset the rollers it will do that on the next print. Material soaks up the heat from the platen when it is not moving.
Could be that or a mis-feed if the material was not loaded square and has skewed enough to be offset from the roll.
Some rolls are not wound evenly and can cause issues. If you see it you can tip them on end and tamp them against the floor(on a mat or carpet) so the side nearest the cleaning station is straight and even with the holding collar.
Last thing would be too much heat causing the the material to buckle after it comes out from under the pinch wheels during the print run.
Worn wiper would have the head throwing drops in random directions and not leaving those rub marks.

wayne k
guam usa

Thanks for your help...
I reloaded the media and it hasen't done it again..

JasonMeisnerSTS

Good Afternoon,

If you are running the GS6000 still, you must be going through lots of ink as those machines love to drink ink. I would love the opportunity to offer you our American made, OEM replacement inks that will save you close to 30-40% on your ink consumption.

Regardless if I can earn your business or not, I would be happy to recycle your empty cartridges and provide you payment for each empty. Hope to hear from you soon and see how I can further assist.

C

ColoPrinthead

Good Afternoon,

If you are running the GS6000 still, you must be going through lots of ink as those machines love to drink ink. I would love the opportunity to offer you our American made, OEM replacement inks that will save you close to 30-40% on your ink consumption.

Regardless if I can earn your business or not, I would be happy to recycle your empty cartridges and provide you payment for each empty. Hope to hear from you soon and see how I can further assist.
Do you have any interest in Mutoh cartridges?

JasonMeisnerSTS

Unfortunately, we do not recycle Mutoh/Roland/Mimaki cartridges as we manufacture our own mold which is stronger and ore durable than the OEM. I would be happy to sell you our OEM replacement inks for your Mutoh if you have interest. $84.99 for a 440ml and we guarantee our product and support.

burgmurk

Yep, that's a head strike, it's a pretty common issue if you leave stock in the machine. just advance it 6 inches or so before you start, if it's been sitting. Little ones like this shouldn't damage your head, but it's possible, and it's not something you want to damage, they're expensive.

boxerbay

head strike. I get this with cheaper paper backed vinyl when left in the printer. the heat deforms it.

boxerbay

also, it looks like the base of your carriage is VERY dirty. be sure to clean the bottom of your carriage really good.