• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help epson gs6000

Dci

Hello I am new here to this forum any help would be greatly appreciated. So I found an epson gs6000 for a really good deal but it doesn't work. The owner thinks it needs new print head. Is this machine worth fixing at all?

morty87

Hello I am new here to this forum any help would be greatly appreciated. So I found an epson gs6000 for a really good deal but it doesn't work. The owner thinks it needs new print head. Is this machine worth fixing at all?

Hello an welcome, I'm new too and started my first post with similar question regarding the epson gs6000. Mine needs 2 new print heads and each new print head was between 1500-2000 cdn plus the ink had all expired a couple years ago each new cartridge ($145-$200 x 8) would probably want to put in a new set of dampers as well if replacing the heads. That would be another $100-$200 bucks at least and the cost of the technician to replace an do maintenance...answer was no. Money better spent putting down on machine with warranty...in my case at least.

I'm literally going to start breaking my machine down so i can scrap it.

All the best :)

Dci

Wow thanks for the info. Only thing is they only want $600 it just seemed like a great start up since I found a few different places online with printhead range front $600 and up. Vs spending 13k for a new one.

morty87

Wow thanks for the info. Only thing is they only want $600 it just seemed like a great start up since I found a few different places online with printhead range front $600 and up. Vs spending 13k for a new one.
Ya, I got mine for $750 but he also gave me like $2-3k worth of canvas, vinyl, etc. and he told me before hand the black ink wasn't working. So I rolled the dice, the black ink actually started to work again... It lasted long enough to get me hooked lol
I have a local company here who sold me a refurbished mutoh 1624 with new printhead, warranty and flexi software for $8k...so for me it made sense to go with that then chase potential problems. I wish you the best. Cheers

Dci

Yeah for the price it might be worth the roll of the dice. Thanks kindly for the feedback.

Should I expect to get the rip software though?

morty87

Yeah for the price it might be worth the roll of the dice. Thanks kindly for the feedback.

Should I expect to get the rip software though?
My guy gave me colorburst with the dongle. For some reason though i could only get up to version 9.4. You also should weight the resale value. If it is going to cost u as much or more to fix than it is worth.

chi

Hello an welcome, I'm new too and started my first post with similar question regarding the epson gs6000. Mine needs 2 new print heads and each new print head was between 1500-2000 cdn plus the ink had all expired a couple years ago each new cartridge ($145-$200 x 8) would probably want to put in a new set of dampers as well if replacing the heads. That would be another $100-$200 bucks at least and the cost of the technician to replace an do maintenance...answer was no. Money better spent putting down on machine with warranty...in my case at least.

I'm literally going to start breaking my machine down so i can scrap it.

All the best :)
email me at eitchi_2414ATyahoo.co.jp if your planing to buy and replace those maybe i can give you a better price