• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson GS6000

cmaxdesigns

I am interested in purchasing the Epson GS6000. Can someone tell me who carries this printer and will make a good deal on one. Also can someone tell me from experience how this printer compares to others. I know the gamut range is incredible but are there other benefits to it.

Thanks,
-cmaxdesigns

Mason

Ive been using one since July 09, it hasnt failed or even skipped a beat and the print quality is the best Ive seen.

Go for it.

astro8

"Ive been using one since July 09, it hasnt failed or even skipped a beat and the print quality is the best Ive seen."

Same experience here and we'll have a second one up and running this week.

Case

The Epson GS6000 is awesome... I believe there is a $3000 rebate going on with them til the end of March... Contact Matt Molenbeek with Advantage Sign Supply who are Merchant Members on this site......(877) 237-4464 x1590 or mmolenbeek@advantagesignsupply.com Great guy and I'm sure he'll fix you up and answer any of your questions......

Case

I haven't seen an actual print off of one of those. I believe it's 8 color. Is the print quality and color good enough to sale to professional photographers? How does it do on black and white photos?

Thanks,

Chris

scene329

The Epson GS6000's take up reel is terrible. They could have at least designed a media flange system capable of doing a whole 150ft roll of material. We've had issues of the take up reel not aligning a full roll of material properly and therefor causing our material that's being printed on to buckle causing head strikes....

We've called Epson out these issues and they are dumb founded to hear of such a problem. It looks like we'll be making our own media flanges...

Also, be careful on what RIP programs you use for this printer.. Most presets lay down way too much ink and you'll waste 20 - 40% more ink. You'll need to spend the time and create your own printer profiles / presets.

We've also ran into issues where the printer says it's finished printing but, it still needs to print another (x) amount of jobs.. Maybe that's just Flexi....

All in all my final review of after having it for only 2 weeks.. we CAN NOT trust this machine to run long runs overnight being ... unattended.. We were told this would not be an issue.. Granted the Epson GS6000 is faster then our Mutoh valuejet 1304.. our Mutoh is much more reliable to run those long unattended overnight print jobs.

Hopefully these issues get solved for us. If they can I would assume this printer would be a great fit for us. The print speed is really nice. It's like having another (2) Mutoh 1304 Valuejets.

scene329

The Epson GS6000 is awesome... I believe there is a $3000 rebate going on with them til the end of March... Contact Matt Molenbeek with Advantage Sign Supply who are Merchant Members on this site......(877) 237-4464 x1590 or mmolenbeek@advantagesignsupply.com Great guy and I'm sure he'll fix you up and answer any of your questions......

Case

Don't use Advantage Sign.

They actually screwed up the install and left us printer-less for 4 days. (Friday + the weekend) Which were all production days.. They just apologize and offered a free day of training...

What about the $$$$$ lost for those 4 days of that printer sitting there?

Advantage didn't care... it was off there hands at that point. They made the sale and when we needed them most.. they were never there.

nate

The Epson GS6000's take up reel is terrible. They could have at least designed a media flange system capable of doing a whole 150ft roll of material. We've had issues of the take up reel not aligning a full roll of material properly and therefor causing our material that's being printed on to buckle causing head strikes.....

We've found this to be true on both of ours as well. We can go 100 feet in to a 150' roll with no problem but then the media starts to buckle. We gave up on using the supplied take up reel.

tomence

I would like a Reply from Advantage on this matter. I want to see how this Merchant Member will defend himself and prove he is worth buying from.

Don't use Advantage Sign.

They actually screwed up the install and left us printer-less for 4 days. (Friday + the weekend) Which were all production days.. They just apologize and offered a free day of training...

What about the $$$$$ lost for those 4 days of that printer sitting there?

Advantage didn't care... it was off there hands at that point. They made the sale and when we needed them most.. they were never there.

nate

I am interested in purchasing the Epson GS6000. Can someone tell me who carries this printer and will make a good deal on one. Also can someone tell me from experience how this printer compares to others. I know the gamut range is incredible but are there other benefits to it.

Thanks,
-cmaxdesigns

If you've yet to purchase may I suggest Michael Kerber @ Grimco?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Just a word about Advantage Sign Supply.

I've been dealing with them for nearly 10 years now and have nothing but praise for them as both a supplier and for their excellent support ... even for equipment they didn't sell to me. Whatever happened with scene329 is totally different than the experience I have had with them.

Molenbeek

I work for Advantage Sign Supply- and have for 12 years now. There is much more to this situation then presented.

The install was done last Friday- the printer was running great until additional software for the MyEpson was added. this stopped the machine from running. This could ONLY be resolved by an Epson Technician as that is the way that Epson works. The next business day was a Monday - which an Epson technician showed up and fixed the problem and now is running. Advantage did not back off- but did everything that we can. We don't have every code and way to do everything as some manufacturers restrict certain things. This is the case.

Im sure a ton of customers can attest- and Thank You to those that have/are - that we take care of situations when they arise. Sometimes, unfortunately, like this one they are beyond our control. I am 100% positive that if we had been given the information by Epson to resolve it- Rich would have done everything he could have to gotten it up and running within minutes.

Matt

signage

I work for Advantage Sign Supply- and have for 12 years now. There is much more to this situation then presented.

The install was done last Friday- the printer was running great until additional software for the MyEpson was added. this stopped the machine from running. This could ONLY be resolved by an Epson Technician as that is the way that Epson works. The next business day was a Monday - which an Epson technician showed up and fixed the problem and now is running. Advantage did not back off- but did everything that we can. We don't have every code and way to do everything as some manufacturers restrict certain things. This is the case.

Im sure a ton of customers can attest- and Thank You to those that have/are - that we take care of situations when they arise. Sometimes, unfortunately, like this one they are beyond our control. I am 100% positive that if we had been given the information by Epson to resolve it- Rich would have done everything he could have to gotten it up and running within minutes.

Matt

As usual Matt and Advantage Sign is/are a stand up company!:thumb:

scene329

We've found this to be true on both of ours as well. We can go 100 feet in to a 150' roll with no problem but then the media starts to buckle. We gave up on using the supplied take up reel.

What take up reel are you using instead? Does it have larger flanges ?

scene329

As usual Matt and Advantage Sign is/are a stand up company!:thumb:

well I'm glad you've had good luck with them. But, good luck when it comes to a problem or servicing your printer.

We're about to send out GS6000 back and get something worth while.. something that actually works. Advantage Sign will also be losing all of our business. Too bad.

scene329

Matt

Matt,

Well covered. However, we are still having nothing but problems with our GS6000. The printer has all sorts of issues (as stated in my previous response). I'm not saying Rich is a bad guy. I like Rich however, he should of had the proper training to set up the machine using the myepsonprinter.com

We still can not run our machine unattended which is a massive problem. We've got jobs in the works right now that require 4 rolls of material per job and we can not take a chance of anymore head strikes..

I just walked into the office and noticed that the take up reel is already off alignment and we're getting head strikes... It seems this printer isn't everything people say about it. Again, we've had better results with our Mutoh Valuejet. A much more reliable printer.

Maybe you could PM me and I can get your direct # and we can talk.

scene329

I've been dealing with them for nearly 10 years now and have nothing but praise for them as both a supplier and for their excellent support ... even for equipment they didn't sell to me. Whatever happened with scene329 is totally different than the experience I have had with them.

Also, when it came to our Graphtech fc8000 having issues I was told to sand down the gloss vinyl where it reads the registration marks.. This is a known problem so I here of now... It would of been nice for the sales reps to tell me these things.. instead.. the sales guy made his commission and now I'm out $5000 for a cutter that gives us more problems then it's worth..

We'll be purchasing a Summa T series shortly.

baxter gamble

Well I see some folks are having problems and that's unforunate. As for Advantage Sign Supply. We have purchased equipment and supplies from them for over 10 years. Nothing but good stuff to say about the company and about Matt. Had a probelm with a MAXX we purchased and Advantage SS came thru like a champ. Matt had the president of Gerber and Advantage SS calling me to see what they could do to make it right. We have just purchased a GS6000, a GBC laminator and a Graphtec plotter form Advantage SS. Tech will be here tomorrow to start training. We are loacted in Alaska, so when we make purchases it really doesn't matter where the supplier is located. It takes a long time to get our materials and supplies. So I look for honest, fair suppliers. I have suppliers calling on me as I'm sure everyone else does also. Advantage SS has given me every reason to continue to buy from them. It's easier to keep a good customer rather than always chasing after new customers.

acothran

Ditto.....not yet 10 years but similar experience here.

Our GS6000 was installed by Advantage on January 4th of this year. There are some small issues from time to time but when it comes to speed, print quality, and ease of maintenance, this printer is GREAT!! We have had a some issues with head strikes but it is normally because of a wrong temperature settings or buckled media because it was skewed when loading on the take-up reel.

I know every printer is going to have some part that I wished worked better (i.e. take-up reel on the GS6000) but when it comes to the actual prints produced on the GS6000, I haven't seen a solvent machine that can touch it. We printed a local photographer's photo on canvas to compare to the canvas aqueous print he had printed at the local camera store. Our print quality was just as good and it is nice to know we can print that same quality up to 5 feet wide!

Allen