• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S30675 wiper clicking or binding noise

Mana Graphics

Aloha, I have an Epson S30675 that I bought about 18 months ago. Very light use (about 5 vehicle wraps, some signage and a few banners). Everything has been working great until last week when the cleaning cycle started. It sounds like the wiper is binding (gears clicking?). I did a cleaning and noticed prior to cleaning the wiper rail (after you hit the OK button when finishing the head, wiper and cap cleaning) the wiper seems to hit against the back versus just retracting. I was working by the printer during the previous weeks automatic cleaning and there was no noise or issue. I've done the bi weekly cleaning maintenance whenever the printer tells me to (whether it needs it or not, so about 30-35 or so cleanings) and as I said earlier I have never had/noticed a problem. I'd appreciate any ideas or if anyone else encountered this problem. Sorry if long winded, this is my first post.

GetTarps

Aloha, I have an Epson S30675 that I bought about 18 months ago. Very light use (about 5 vehicle wraps, some signage and a few banners). Everything has been working great until last week when the cleaning cycle started. It sounds like the wiper is binding (gears clicking?). I did a cleaning and noticed prior to cleaning the wiper rail (after you hit the OK button when finishing the head, wiper and cap cleaning) the wiper seems to hit against the back versus just retracting. I was working by the printer during the previous weeks automatic cleaning and there was no noise or issue. I've done the bi weekly cleaning maintenance whenever the printer tells me to (whether it needs it or not, so about 30-35 or so cleanings) and as I said earlier I have never had/noticed a problem. I'd appreciate any ideas or if anyone else encountered this problem. Sorry if long winded, this is my first post.

GetTarps

Is it still printing? Clicking noises is normal when the printer is starting and starting printing. After the clicking noises can you move the head?

Mana Graphics

Is it still printing? Clicking noises is normal when the printer is starting and starting printing. After the clicking noises can you move the head?
Yes, its still printing. I did a couple test prints. Everything is normal except for the more pronounced clicking noise. The head is locked when not printing.