Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Epson s40600 size

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by denis467, Jan 21, 2020.

1. denis467

denis467 New Member

Jan 11, 2020
    VA
    hi everyone,
    I'm in process of purchasing epson s40600 and trying to figure out how big it is?
    Can anyone share any info with me?
    1) Will it fit in to 32" door if partially assembled? I mean printer and stand only, without front and back media holders?
    2) what's the depth of printer itself without stand?
    3) what's the weight of printer without stand and media holders etc?

Sale reps know absolutely nothing and only worrying on how to sell it to me, so I decided that probably I could get some help here?

Thank you all in advance!

Tags:
  2. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    It will fit through a 32" wide door...I believe its 101" long

• I Appreciate You I Appreciate You x 1
  4. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    the printed and stand are separate, if they won't fit through assembled, then you will need to take them apart. The machine is a beast, heavy and long.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. denis467

denis467 New Member

Jan 11, 2020
    VA
    Where exactly?
    specs from epson's website show assembled dimensions. please, see my original questions.

Thanks, guys!
    I know that it's heavy and that's why I'm asking about depth of it on the stand, so I could put it on the stand and then roll it through that door... bc I'm not sure how many people I would need to bring it inside through that door without stand on wheels..:)

6. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    Dimensions are right there on the Epson website.. you don't believe them?

7. denis467

denis467 New Member

Jan 11, 2020
    VA
    Believe what exactly??
    Could you, please, point where are the dimensions of printer on the stand without media holder and takeup roll holder?? and where is the weight of the printer only without stand etc?
    Thanks

8. Goatshaver

Goatshaver Member

Dec 5, 2018
    Maine
    Sorry

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  9. denis467

denis467 New Member

Jan 11, 2020
    VA
  10. TomK

TomK Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Virginia
    What were the answers? Share for others.

11. denis467

denis467 New Member

Jan 11, 2020
    VA
    I'm not hiding anything... See post #3 by greysquirrel in this thread

• Like Like x 1
  12. Snydo

Snydo Active Member

May 1, 2008
    Mid Michigan
    Dimensions:103" x 34" x 53" (2616 mm x 609 mm x 1346 mm) W x D x H
    Weight:615 lb (278 kg)
    You need some muscle to tilt it through a 32" door but it can be done.

• Like Like x 1
  13. denis467

denis467 New Member

Jan 11, 2020
    VA
    Actually those dimensions are for fully assembled printer, but my question was about printer+stand only. I believe "printer+stand only" should be under 32", i think something close to 30-31", may be even less...

Please, see my original post/questions.

and how will I be able to fit something that 34" wide through 32" door even if I will have "some muscle"?
    you mean enough muscle to make that door 35" wide using some tools like sledgehammer etc?:)

14. Snydo

Snydo Active Member

May 1, 2008
    Mid Michigan
    Well the printer comes with 2 pipes that you slide through the 2" holes you see on the under part of the printer frame, where the printer connects to the stand. These pipes lock-in, so you have to tilt the entire printer carriage(without the stand) until you can fit through the door. You need 4 people capable of lifting and tilting probably about 500 lbs in a controlled manner - so yah, a little muscle.

15. denis467

denis467 New Member

Jan 11, 2020
    VA
    Thanks again for the reply
    But my question was about printer and stand, not printer without stand. I know about pipes and that's the reason, why I was asking what size of printer will be on the stand without media holders on both sides (front and back), so I could use wheels on the stand instead of muscles...

Please, see my original post and #1 question "Will it fit in to 32" door if partially assembled? I mean printer and stand only, without front and back media holders?"

Actually, I already found out what size it will be, so it should fit through that door, you can see other replies in this thread

Thank you for your time