• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson S40600 vs HP Latex 315+Epson P6000

Happy Krishna

Hello everyone,
This is my first post on any forum, so please be patient with me. :)

Some background:
I am a small photo studio & print shop owner located in a small city in India.
I also do sublimation printing (t-shirts, mug, etc.).

Now, I want to expand my business and reach more customer base.
There are some things that nobody does in my area and I will be focusing on those.

Things I want to do are large photo printing, translite printing, dark t-shirts (printable htv), stickers, canvas (not important), custom wallpapers, banners. Already 3 businesses for banners though.

Other photo studios will be my first customers for large photo printing because everyone is outsourcing right now. My question is what do you guys think, can I do everything with an Epson S40600 or is it better to purchase an HP Latex 315 and an Epson P6000? or HP Latex alone can produce photo-quality prints that can be sold to other photo studios?

Price for one Epson S40600 and one HP Latex 315+Epson P6000 are the same.

Sorry for the long post. Thank you in advance for your time.

Bly

The 40600 will produce better quality prints but inks are less scratch resistant than latex so you'd need to laminate more jobs.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
The only machine you've listed that is a true photographic printer is the Epson SC-P6000.
Resolution, gamut and archival inks will whip the other two printers by a long mile.

You've listed too many jobs for just one printer to cover. You will need to buy multiple machines to suit each task.
We thought we could go down the path of consolidating machines, but still have a Canon PRO-6000, Epson SC-S80600 and Océ Arizona to cover most bases.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
The only machine you've listed that is a true photographic printer is the Epson SC-P6000.
Resolution, gamut and archival inks will whip the other two printers by a long mile.

You've listed too many jobs for just one printer to cover. You will need to buy multiple machines to suit each task.
We thought we could go down the path of consolidating machines, but still have a Canon PRO-6000, Epson SC-S80600 and Océ Arizona to cover most bases.

What he said. For “photo” prints you might even be better looking at a 12 colour aqueous. Our old canon IPF cost a small fortune to fill up on inks but the photo quality was immense. Then outdoor work like banners, signs etc you can get one of the two original printers you mentioned

Happy Krishna

That is why I am more inclined towards buying Hp Latex and Epson P8000.
May be I would buy P8000 first, get familiar with it and then add another printer. Buying and starting work on multiple new machines simultaneously would be overwhelming for a newbie like me.
Thank you for the advice.