• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EPSON S50610 Pausing during printing

pstrwks

Hi all
My Epson 50610 has been great however recently I have noticed pausing during printing.
The higher the passes and even during uni-directional printing, the printer will pause, print , pause, print until the job is complete. It does not start slow but during a long run pauses and becomes tedious.
I have tried both TCPIP 1000Mbps and USB from onyx production house 11 but both have the same pausing problem.
The PC does no appear busy at all, The network activity corresponds to the pausing pattern.
I have updated to the latest printer firmware and changed the Network to print directly on a separate IP network card with separate IP and subnet.

Any idea why and more importantly how to fix it.
Regards

Mark

jfiscus

Rap Master
I think it is network traffic, but I still have not pinpointed it here either. Mostly it happens around when people are on lunch streaming netflix, etc. Fortunately it doesn't happen that much. You may also have a computer with a virus somewhere on your network that you don't know about.

michaeld13

Hi all
My Epson 50610 has been great however recently I have noticed pausing during printing.
The higher the passes and even during uni-directional printing, the printer will pause, print , pause, print until the job is complete. It does not start slow but during a long run pauses and becomes tedious.
I have tried both TCPIP 1000Mbps and USB from onyx production house 11 but both have the same pausing problem.
The PC does no appear busy at all, The network activity corresponds to the pausing pattern.
I have updated to the latest printer firmware and changed the Network to print directly on a separate IP network card with separate IP and subnet.

Any idea why and more importantly how to fix it.
Regards

Mark
Mark, did you ever get to the bottom of this? Same issue here- have tried everything...

Sounds like the computer is hanging during the transmission of the data. Take a look at CPU and GPU usage when the pause is happening. See what is using the CPU and GPU and how busy they are. If one of them is maxing out, see what is causing them to max and try ending the process. Look for high usage loads. See if that fixes your problem.

michaeld13

Sounds like the computer is hanging during the transmission of the data. Take a look at CPU and GPU usage when the pause is happening. See what is using the CPU and GPU and how busy they are. If one of them is maxing out, see what is causing them to max and try ending the process. Look for high usage loads. See if that fixes your problem.
Thank you. I will look into that. Appreciate the reply.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I don't know Onyx very well but does it have an option to RIP the entire file before printing? The RIPs I use have that option specifically for large files that may not process fast enough to keep up with the printer.

michaeld13

No peak performance issues when watching the pc monitors... and no, I do not have Onyx set to rip on the fly. I have tried everything. Replaced pc's, cords (currently on usb- was on ethernet for years until this problem- usb did not solve it), swapped networking card inside the printer. Any other thoughts? Thanks all :)

netsol

it certainly is NOT network traffic. things on the OTHER SIDE of your gateway have no effect on your printing unless you are printing remotely and have a tunnel setup

my GUESS (and that's all i can offer) would be either a hard drive issue (some sort of error, a firmware glitch, etc) or that you are triggering some sort of condition that causes a cleaning cycle(?) in the middle of your print

on the topic of hard drive, have we looked at free space? (at least 3 times file size) performed a purge of all temp files (c:\temp, c:windows\temp, c:\users|<user name>\appdata\local\temp) clear browsing data in all browsers, for all time, while you are at it

empty recycle bin, restart pc then do a defragmentation c: properties\tools \defragment

turn off your power management

then device manager, network port \power management\ UNCHECK allow computer to turn off this device to save power STUPIDEST F**KING SETTING EVER.
it doesn't recognize what a print job is. DO THIS TO YOUR USB PORT FOR PRINTING AS WELL

Rohit Prasad

WWW.COMPASSCOLOR.COM
No peak performance issues when watching the pc monitors... and no, I do not have Onyx set to rip on the fly. I have tried everything. Replaced pc's, cords (currently on usb- was on ethernet for years until this problem- usb did not solve it), swapped networking card inside the printer. Any other thoughts? Thanks all :)
We had this issue on one of our printers a while ago but a new Ethernet cable fixed it.
Have you called epson?
Power down, unplug from outlet and restart see what that does.

michaeld13

Thanks. Yes my last resort was to call Epson... and they said everything I did they would have done the same- and they had no idea what could be the issue since I have swapped/changed everything that they could think of- they also said it was a data transmission issue but with what I have already tried they didn't have any recommendation but to send out a tech- which would ultimately result in putting in a new motherboard I can only assume- but Epson's service call now for this machine is $4000 flat fee and they would not be able to guarantee they would have the part of whatever I needed.... So I'm trying to figure this out but no luck- I even tried another USB cable and that had no affect.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
If you are running windows, hit Ctrl/Alt/Del and it will bring up a menu.
Choose Task Manager and it will show your current CPU, Memory, Disc and network usage.
Maybe too many things are running on your computer.

michaeld13

Yes, I've done that. I think I might try downloading a performance tool to measure pc performance- but remember this is a brand new pc doing the same thing... one of the first things I did to trouble shoot was move to a different computer :-(