• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson s80600 and tshirt material

klingsdesigns

Just got trained on it Monday, so cramming in a ton of jobs this week. I hate learning new things but love the way it prints so far. Onyx is a little interesting to figure out but I am slowly learning. Been working 9 am to about 10pm all this week so i am whooped.

Johnny Best

Great, that was a good story, for me anyway, about your problem with Roland and your quest for another printer.
Change is unsettling.

unclebun

We use the same profile for Colorprint Solvent, Stahls Cadcolor, etc. that we do for all our vinyl printing. We do set up the media individually on the Epson to get the right temperatures and feed lengths, etc. But the profile we use in the RIP is the same as regular vinyl.

klingsdesigns

Great, that was a good story, for me anyway, about your problem with Roland and your quest for another printer.
Change is unsettling.

Yeah this whole change since we moved to our new location in December has been very stressful. I can see the end of the tunnel. Been doing this since 2005 and this has been the most stressful it has ever been.

scrubz

The majority of my work is print/cut garment transfers, can anyone tell me how the transfers wash after they have been heat pressed onto a garment, printed with the Epson S series? I heard that the new Rolands had fading issues after washing. It's almost time for a new printer/cutter and I am paranoid that I'll find out that the inks in a new printer don't have the bite to stay bright. Any comments on what printer has the most durable, wash proof print?

unclebun

We have the S70670 and use print/cut for jersey lettering and for small quantity t-shirt and hoodie lettering. The inks stand up fine to washing. I have a hoodie that after 2 years is starting to show some ink wear. However under friction like a neck brace the ink will rub off fairly quickly. We do recommend washing inside out, cold, and low heat/air drying.

scrubz

Thanks for the input peeps, just on my way to try the showroom VG2....I know I know, BEWARE. They say many improvements, I will see about that.