• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Epson S80600 stops printing mid print using USB

Hameed

Hi
I had my Epson S80610 connected sing Ethernet cable and working fine. After a freak accident the Ethernet port got broken pins so I connected the plotter using a USB cable now the problem is it does not complete any prints at all! It cuts off usually after an inch or two but some times halfway through printing a big print job.

Anything I can try to fix this?

Hameed

Call Epson and have them out to fix it. USB is slow anyway.
Thank you but replacing the Network card costs over $700 which is way too much for me right now.

I think it is finally solved.
After trying over 10 cables I formatted the connected PC, updated Onyx, and changed the caching now it seems to be working fine. At least it is completing most of the jobs.

mdjamesd

the information transfer is much slower via USB. Try and have Onyx cache as much of the job before printing. You could also try sending jobs individually in onyx, so it is smaller " information packets" to transfer

netsol

Thank you but replacing the Network card costs over $700 which is way too much for me right now.

I think it is finally solved.
After trying over 10 cables I formatted the connected PC, updated Onyx, and changed the caching now it seems to be working fine. At least it is completing most of the jobs.

hameed

i agree $700 is a lot of money. can you locate an experienced electronic repair shop?

the connector is only a few dollars. you can match it up exactly from digikey or neeark electronics?

someone experienced at electronic repairs, (an older tech, who has repaired tv's, vcr's dvd'or blu ray player or camcorders cn CAREFULLY desolder the old connector and install the replacement part

dont trust this to someone inexperienced, but i can tell you, we do it all the time

option 2> buy yoursrlf a usb printserver (less than $75 on amazon for instance
this way you get back on the network with no risk at all

greysquirrel

there is a usb driver that needs to be installed...but get your printer fixed...runs like a turtle via usb

usb port meant for technicians

netsol

greysquirrel
i am never opposed to somone properly repairing their machine
i just wanted to point out other, lower priced ($51) options he can do right now, if perhaps a $700 board is too expensive AT THE MOMENT