Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Epson S80600 stops printing mid print using USB

Discussion in 'Epson' started by Hameed, Jun 8, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hameed

Hameed New Member

Nov 7, 2018
    Jordan
    Hi
    I had my Epson S80610 connected sing Ethernet cable and working fine. After a freak accident the Ethernet port got broken pins so I connected the plotter using a USB cable now the problem is it does not complete any prints at all! It cuts off usually after an inch or two but some times halfway through printing a big print job.

Anything I can try to fix this?

Tags:
  2. Notarealsignguy

Notarealsignguy Active Member

Feb 20, 2020
    Florida
    Try a new cable

3. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

Call Epson and have them out to fix it. USB is slow anyway.

4. Hameed

Hameed New Member

Nov 7, 2018
    Jordan
    Thank you but replacing the Network card costs over $700 which is way too much for me right now.

I think it is finally solved.
    After trying over 10 cables I formatted the connected PC, updated Onyx, and changed the caching now it seems to be working fine. At least it is completing most of the jobs.

5. mdjamesd

mdjamesd Member

May 28, 2008
    Timonium, MD
    the information transfer is much slower via USB. Try and have Onyx cache as much of the job before printing. You could also try sending jobs individually in onyx, so it is smaller " information packets" to transfer

6. netsol

netsol Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    spotswood, nj
    hameed

i agree $700 is a lot of money. can you locate an experienced electronic repair shop?

the connector is only a few dollars. you can match it up exactly from digikey or neeark electronics?

someone experienced at electronic repairs, (an older tech, who has repaired tv's, vcr's dvd'or blu ray player or camcorders cn CAREFULLY desolder the old connector and install the replacement part

dont trust this to someone inexperienced, but i can tell you, we do it all the time

option 2> buy yoursrlf a usb printserver (less than $75 on amazon for instance
    this way you get back on the network with no risk at all

7. greysquirrel

greysquirrel Active Member

Aug 13, 2015
    West Berlin, NJ
    there is a usb driver that needs to be installed...but get your printer fixed...runs like a turtle via usb

usb port meant for technicians

8. netsol

netsol Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    spotswood, nj
    greysquirrel
    i am never opposed to somone properly repairing their machine
    i just wanted to point out other, lower priced ($51) options he can do right now, if perhaps a $700 board is too expensive AT THE MOMENT