• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson SC80600L or Roland VG2-640

Hello everybody,
I have seen that there are several open discussions about it but I haven't been able to make up my mind yet.
I'm about to change plotter and I'm undecided between the epson SC80600L and the roland VG2-640.
I make graphics for motocross so I will use a lot of the cartridge of red and orange for the epson and green and orange for roland.
What do you recommend for your experiences and print quality?

BVG

How many rolls a week are you printing?

There's some maths involved figuring out whether the bulk ink version of the 80600 is worth the extra upfront cost.

Stampiamo circa 1 rotolo a settimana da 45 metri, la epson ci costa circa 3000 € in più della roland, ma ogni 3 serie di cartucce con la roland ci costa 1000 € in più rispetto alla epson quindi penso che da questo punto di vista accetta la epson ma per la qualità di stampa?

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
I have heard that the 80600L only gives a 15% ink price saving over a normal 80600 so you'd need to be printing miles of stuff per week to justify it.

For one roll per week, I'd go the regular 80600. It's still very good on ink usage.

here in italy the 500 ml cartridges for the vg2 cost € 100 each while the 1.5 liter epson cartridges cost € 170 each, so if you calculate that 1.5 liters of roland are € 2400 with 8 colors while epson with 9 colors 1530 €, you save 1000 € and it is convenient, right?
regardless of how much you print in a short time

also because we will use tax breaks to buy the machinery so the difference of 3-4 k does not matter that much to me because the tax rate
my doubt is more for the print quality between the vg and the epson

rjssigns

Buy from the dealer in your town even it it costs more. Everything breaks and when it does you want the tech within minutes not a day or more away. Until it's printing again you own a brick.
Been there done that and lost an unholy amount of money and clients because I went for the "deal".

yes, but in fact I buy it from a friend who is an authorized dealer a few miles from me and sells both graphtec and epson, I just need some clarification on the print quality compared to roland to be sure on my purchase.
after-sales is very important to me

rjssigns

If I were in your shoes I would buy the Epson. Help is just minutes away. Print quality with all new printers is absolutely incredible and should not worry you. Hard to go wrong with any of them. One thing to remember is Epson still makes the heads for some of the best printers on the market.;)
I have a new Mutoh 1624x and the solid colors look like cut vinyl and it's only a CMYK printer with Epson DX7 head. I print text down to 0.070" and it's crisp.

Last edited: