• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Epson Stylus R1900 keeps blowing F1 on mainboard

anozira02

Can anyone help me to troubleshoot fuse issue on my Epson R1900? after installing print cartridges accidentally I let of of the flat ribbon cable unplugged and powering up the carriage crashed to the left side of the printer I could hear the gears grinding very loud,,, and that cause F1 fuse blown on the main board. I replaced the fuse with a surface mounted 1mp glass
fuse,, but keeps blowing that fuse each time I power up...I cant seems to troubleshoot this problem.. I could use some help,,, anyone????

anozira02

Have no way of knowing what amp fuse is on board, it's a soldered inboard fuse.. I had similar issues on my epson r1800 and it took a 1mp fuse, fact both board have interchangeable power supply boards with a 2amp fuse.. I have the service manual but Epson is not very helpful giving you information you would need,, other then how to take the printer apart..