• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

epson surecolor s30670

Robert M

new Epson

I have one in a box downstairs. Will be setting up next week. Shoot me a pm after the 7th

sydpos

surecolor 30600 50600

we are looking at the 50600 v L26500, the 50600 looks better at the moment - price, electricity, ink, speed

there seems to be alot of interest in sydney, all vendors ive spoken to said nothing from roland/mimaki/mutoh compares - low maintenance, print quality, ink drop size, low VOC, speed, but most importantly bang for buck...

still need to do more precise figures on L26500 costs.

interested to know if we are paying (much) more than in uk/us...

au$18.5k inc 3yr warranty, 1 set inks, 30600

au$28k ditto 50600

plus rip

one dealer selling caldera, another ergo (add au$2k)

cheers
adrianjt

ps in US its called 30670

sydpos

truecolor

DES are having a truecolor 'open day' on 11/11 in sydney. i have also spoken with a rep from positive camtec, both also sell roland and under duress admitted these are miles ahead in speed, quality value. 720x720 is supposedly good for posters viewed from 50cm. I was quoted inks for au $183/700ml (26c/ml?), I think I had to buy the machine from them to get that price.

at 150% ink coverage, which was suggested the maximum necessary to print a strong red, you would use 1ml ink/A1 or 20ml per m2 ie $5.20

Can anyone suggest how that compares in the real world with other ecosols please?

cheers
adrianjt

ps decent quality satin coated media 170gsm was quoted at $3/m2, ergosoft & caldera have been the rips mentioned...

Proveer Calgary

As my company sells both machines, here's my thoughts. The epson has a better price, fast printing and has good quality print. It also have very low voc's, vinyl has to outgas, is 54" can be difficult to fit through a regular doorway, should be maintained weekly and printhead replacement is done by a technician. The L26500 is higher price and doesn't print as fast. It has no voc's, instant dry of vinyl, monthly maintenance, and the end use can replace printheads. One of my customers also bought the latex as it's supposed to be better on fabric but I hadn't heard that. They're both good machines, just have their pros and cons.

sydpos

hi

initially I was under the impression it would not fit thru a std doorway but was advised heater easily removable and printer can be lifted off stand, thus can.

regarding cleaning dealer suggested weekly cleaning (maintenance?) was pretty straightforward, heads easily accessible. five minutes was quoted...?

as i havent seen a machine and are relying on dealers word, I would greatly appreciate clarification

I do also like front loading paper on hp

regards
adrianjt

Proveer Calgary

Talked my tech who installs the machine and he says the heater is very difficult to remove and you probably would need to use a licensed tech. Both machines have their good and bad points so it's up to you!!

Ditchmiester

We just went through the same dilemma. We really liked both printers but in the end the HP won because of the instant dry and being able to laminate right off of the printer. Mine will be installed the end of this month so hopefully I will have more insight after the first of December. Will keep you updated.

Robert M

Sure Color

I took a look at one this week and I measured it at 37" wide and you could easily take off the back media feed system to get it through a true 36" door.The Epson tech who set it up had it printing at 600+ square feet/hr. on banner, output was nice, colors good.
This printer has a motorized feed system system that supports up to 90lbs. There is an optional upgrade to support up to 150 lbs.The heater is huge and I was told by a customer that 3M and Avery allow you to laminate without waiting for additional out gassing(I have not confirmed this) and still keep their warranty.There is also an optional dryer for more humid conditions. It has the new 10 channel TFP print head, 360 nozzles per channel for a 1" wide pass. Very low odor from the inks. Ink is about 17% less than a Roland, or about 250.00 a liter, based on 700ml carts at 175.00 per.

Robert M

Sure Color

They are said to be in stock in Colorado first week of December if you get tired of waiting,

Snydo

Thumbs up so far...

Just finished first full day of production with a 30670 and so far I am blown away with the speed and quality. We print primarily on Oracal 3640 for production, and the 4-pass bi-directional production mode has amazing clarity at a little over 3 hours for a roll to roll print on 54" roll. Draft mode is crazy fast, close to 1,000 sq. ft/hour. Easy to clean/maintain and the colors are nice.
Flexi users need to get drivers from Scanvec.
Merry Christmas All.