• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EPSON TAKE UP HELP!!!

SameDay Signs

So I am putting stuff on my take up and it is pulling the media to tight and fast and wont properly take it up with correct speed...any help apprecaited...also normally when on auto take up isn't going unless the bar is pulled down but currently it is going even while the white bar it up and not in use?

any help apprecaited as i have alot of long runs and flipping out curently

Snydo

There are two switches on the take-up motor, the one on the right should be set to the center position. The one on the left should be forward.(toward you)

SameDay Signs

There are two switches on the take-up motor, the one on the right should be set to the center position. The one on the left should be forward.(toward you)
they are set correct one is manual left switch is auto its like the white take up bar is not feeding properly? how it slowly goes down then back up it is getting stuck and the top and not moving down yet take up is still turning?

SameDay Signs

Ok to simply the issue: when i apply the media to the take up and the auto is turned on the tension (white bar) is not properly working....when it actually feeds back up to the top to start to drop down again its like it just stays at the top....it looks like the take up is moving to fast instead of with the print....any setting that i may have clicked?

SameDay Signs

So I have been working on this for awhile now obviously seeing the time....The tension is WAY WAY to tight....The take up wants to run even when the printer isn't printing as in if its on auto it trys to run non stop instead of when it is just printing....any idea how to fix this is so much appreacited seriously lol

thanks

SameDay Signs

Worse case scenerio anyone got another take up? seems to me the tension just won't stop and it has to be with the take up itself

ikarasu

Take-up is a $900 usd part I believe. We almost had to replace ours until we fixed it (different issue) and that's what we were quoted.

Easily user installable

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Im not an expert on this, but it sounds like the set screw has come loose that holds the micro switch in place.
Open the box up that controls the tension bar and you will see how it works. Then you can adjust it and tighten everything up.

coastguy111

I just finally fixed this exact issue with mine.. its the metal flag. Its not positioned correctly so the sensor are causing it to work incorrectly.
You have to take apart that area and loosen the thumbscrew while manually adjusting the metal flag.
The dealer i bought it from put it together wrong and i was having the same exact problem.
Pm me if you need more info!