• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Equipment Leases

Mosh

You mean a good "FLEECE COMPANY" pay them rent for a machine then give it back, kinda like tossing money out the window. Why not save up and buy the equipment?

Letterbox Mike

You mean a good "FLEECE COMPANY" pay them rent for a machine then give it back, kinda like tossing money out the window. Why not save up and buy the equipment?

Leasing is just a way to leverage cashflow against equipment. Done wisely it's no different than any other investment. I'd rather spend $100k on marketing than spend it on a piece of equipment. I'll spend somebody else's money on the equipment and gladly pay them interest on that. It's a cost of doing business, but investing your own cash into marketing is going to net you a measurable return on investment that's significantly bigger than the ROI you'll see on spending that money on equipment instead. If you send every penny on equipment, you'll have none left over to market what that equipment can do for you. Borrowing money in and of itself isn't bad, as long as it's done wisely.

OP: if you don't mind working with someone in Ohio, PM me your contact info and I'll refer you to someone I highly recommend. We've done 5 or 6 leases with them and they've always bent over backwards for us.

Billct2

I have leased to own several times, at the end of the lease there's a $1 buyout.
I must get a fax a week from an equipment lease company. The dealer should have one available. Then go on line and compare.
Also you can consider getting an equipment loan from your bank, a credit union or web based lender.

Mosh

Hope a lease works for ya....I like not having a "payment monkey" on my back every month. I bet you also have a car payment too....LOL! Couch payment? The reason the economy is in the shape it is, too many peolpe doing spending money they don't have....If you had the money for it, there is no way you would even consider a lease? Right?

Billct2

Wrong.
I have leased equipment and got a loan on a vehicle when I had the cash.
With the low cost of borrowing money right now it can make sense.

Mosh

So I have $10 and I want to buy a $10 printer or lease one. I lease, and it cost me $12, so I use $10 over the period of the fleece, and then have to come up with another $1 interest, then at the end of the lease give it back, or give them another dollar? This IS how it works!!!

Why not just pay the $10 and own it and not worry about it? Your logic is to pay $12 to keep it? Right? For a $10 printer!

No wonder the economy is f'd up, people thinking this is OK!!!! Do you cash you checks at the paycheck advance stores too???? Rent Couches and TV's???

Speedsterbeast

Mosh, I don't think you fully understand the subject. And this coming from a 38 year old with zero debt (including a home, sailboat and business owned) I totally get not wanting debt of any kind, but if you can buy a car (or equipment) at a lower interest rate than you have your money earning in safer investments, then it makes sense (and money) to borrow. Although this is on paper. I myself have the money before I buy it, although I'm aware this is sometimes financilaly irresponsible, I, like you, just am wired to not like having debt. Period.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Why not just pay the $10 and own it and not worry about it? Your logic is to pay $12 to keep it? Right? For a $10 printer!
People take the $10 they would've spent on the printer and turn it into $18. Extra stripper pole money.

Letterbox Mike

Example:

I have $100,000 to spend.

I can spend the $100k cash on a printer. Cool, I've got a fancy new printer. Nothing to run on it but hey whatever, I've got it and I don't owe anything on it.

Or I can pay someone else $15,000 (over 5 years) to spend THEIR $100k on that printer for me. Then I can invest that $100k of MINE into growing my business. If I play my cards right, I could turn that $100k into potentially $1,000,000 or more in new sales over the same time period.

One of those makes more sense than the other, to me anyway.

The stupid thing to do wold be to borrow someone else's money to buy equipment you have no need for, without investing in your company at the same time. I.E. living in a mobile home but driving a Ferrari because you could get approved for the loan.

KevSign

Cool Insignia. I am not feeling bad still pay my equipment and this last year for this. I am ready for $100K UV Flatbed. I had learn, when I still in garage my max printer size 74" now, I got 2 104" printers, we print 8x8 and 8x10 more offends gain 35% business.

binki

Last year we arranged an equipment loan from a bank with very reasonable terms that were easy to understand. Check with your local banks to see what they will do before you lease.

Otherwise Beacon Funding is one big lease company in this industry.

Mosh

lease=rent so stop sugarcoating it. no way you perople can get around it. Ok rent your equipment, not many renters getting ahead in life are there? go ahead rent your equipment and see how that works out. no way you can spin paying outright is better that renting. period... good luck with paying rent, just save up and buy, then on those lean months that rent bill will not be there. what happens on those bad months when you do not have the payment? i am serious, just being honest here. sorry for the rant, just roll through any trailerpark and see what renting gets you!

klingsdesigns

I needed to lease to own to grow my business. Otherwise I would never grow where I want to. It's an investment it's not blowing it on stupid stuff. I hear you on having money before you buy. Sometimes in business you have to take out a loan or borrow money to get big jobs.

Techman

Lease = Flease.
Its just another way to spend your money. It costs to have a lease.
Buy it with cash or finance it or forget it. Lease = cost + interest + fees. So you pay more.

Live debt free and see the freedom that comes with it.

rjssigns

Tax wise it's about a wash between the two. A smart businessman once asked me this: "Do you want to own technology or leverage it"?

That being said I bought mine because lease terms were terrible at the time. Besides I got a new printer at a demo price. Rig had a couple hours on it.