• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ERROR 86 head ovp

printimage

HI i was printing on my vj1204 and then the printer stop and give me error 86 head ovp. The manual say it is a abnormal condition in head driver. I change the cables and it still give the error. Printer is about a year old, good nozzle test. what could be the cause?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If the cable is new and the error still pops up, the head is dead. Basically the head has failed electronically. If the printer is about a year old you may need a warranty call.

printimage

If the cable is new and the error still pops up, the head is dead. Basically the head has failed electronically. If the printer is about a year old you may need a warranty call.
so just let that the head stop working.. it is a used machine but sent the company i bought it from a email.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yeah you might have had a power surge or something like that because it basically means the circuit that protects the head from over voltages has blown which is rare because usually the fuse pops first.

printimage

Yeah you might have had a power surge or something like that because it basically means the circuit that protects the head from over voltages has blown which is rare because usually the fuse pops first.
hi i buy a new printhead and i put in the head rank code and it say ink fill (enter) when i hit enter i get the same error. where can i check because this is weird. Would have to check the main board or the cr board?