• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error code 14.10 hp L25500

banner

The printer to print to get a meter, one meter and a half or so and displays the error code 14.10 the assistance told me I should change the entire power line in which it is connected. decided not changed.

someone I have something to pass on this case?

please help me.

grateful
Rodrigo.

dypinc

SE Code: 14.10:00 - Open circuit on the Dryer Assembly
Problem Description:
A certain amount of power is applied to the Dryer Assembly and is then the flow of current is measured,
if the flow of current is not as expected, the system error is displayed
Corrective Action:
• Check all the cables are connected in the Dryer Assembly, try disconnecting and reconnecting them.
• Check the power connection to the Heaters control assembly PCA (J10).
• Check the cable between the Dryer Input connection and the cable of the Dryer Residual Current
Circuit Breaker (RCCD)
• Disconnect the power input to the Dryer Assembly located at the rear of the printer, and reconnect.
• Check to see if the Residual Current Circuit Breaker (RCCD) has blown, reset it, if it blows again
immediately (or often), this would indicate an error with the Dryer Assembly or the RCCD.
• Check to see if there is a blown fuse in the Heater Control Assembly (F1 and F2)⇒ page 53.
• Replace the Heater Control Assembly ⇒ Page 465.
• Faulty resistor in the Dryer Assembly, replace the Dryer Assembly⇒ Page 498.

Wiggum PI

14.10:00 - Open circuit on the Dryer Assembly.
From the service manual...replace heater control assembly.

Ring a tech or wait for a more informed answer to confirm though..

Edit: what dypinc said :p

Desert_Signs

I was having this error repeatedly. I checked every connection etc. It turned out to be "junk" on the temp sensor eye. If you open the window, there's a small pen looking thing that is on the top of the door. It has a little glass eye (I assume it uses a laser to read temp?), I cleaned the eye and I haven't had the problem since. Been a month or so.

i have got this problem multiple times. Something happens with the heater on the inside. For us it's dependant on the minimum drying power and the drying offset temp. Turn both all the way down and you'll have no problems. Unless you really do have a problem with the circuits.

ProWraps

i just got the dreaded 14:10 error in mid print. every start up of the printer yields the same result... ugh. exactly one month out of warranty. go figure. 60,000 sq/ft through the machine. i guess its time to change the oil....

Let cool down completely and then change your profile settings:

Change the minimum drying power to 0
Lower warm up drying temp offset to below 2.0

We have had the same problem before. Happens again and again. Full cool down and change your presets. IDK why but I know this works.

ProWraps

Bly, sadly for two of our printers than had that error, we had to replace the heater core. Both at about 60k sq/ft on the machine.

this is very common. its about a $2k fix. the first one taught us to keep our printers in warranty as the warranty was cheaper than the fix.

good luck with the fix. its frustrating and expensive to say the least.

jasonx

Check the two wires that connect to the heater assembly on the left hand side when the window is open. I had one of these wires sheared and thus not connected. Simple fix would be soldering iron and reconnect. HP replaced our whole heater assembly.

Bly

Thanks guys. This is a second hand unit we just got.

Hopefully it won't cost the earth.

Bly

what is the sq/ft through the machine? the heater core only lasts for so long on these.

72k sq ft.
I got it running again.
Switched the drying/curing leads and changed the rip settings as described earlier.
We'll see how we go. If it recurs I'll book a service in.
Of course this stuff only happens when you're really busy.

ProWraps

yeah you are at that point as far as the sq/ft. i was able to limp mine along for a few days, then it was 14:10 every time i turned it on right off the bat. :banghead:

SARAP

I had this same issue, but only when printing dark colors and especially heavy ink for translucent faces. I tried all of the options above but nothing resolved the issue. I finally tried printing on the left side of the roll which left about 1 foot of white space under the temp sensor. I was able to run 40 foot of material without failing. Figured I would post this even though it is not a fix, but may help someone.

BRCGraphics

I just had to deal with this also. Turned out, one of the electrical leads going into the heating element broke. (See picture) I pulled the heater out of the printer, took a small drill bit and drilled down into the heating tube, tinned the wire with solder, stuck them in the hole I drilled and soldered it all back together. Just got it back up and running. I'm not sure how long the fix will last, but it's already running longer than it did before I took it apart. We'll see...

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 792

neil_se

I had the 14.10 and 15.10 errors a few weeks ago, eventually it was coming on during printer start-up. One of the element wires pulled out of the sheath with a tug, so I cut back the white sheath (I did it to both wires at both ends so I could check all wires) and re-crimped. I also removed the p-clamp at the left end where all the wires exit, as it seemed to pull the element wire into a fairly sharp bend. Also cleaned the temp sensor at the same time.

A few weeks on and the errors haven't returned, touch wood.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Had this issue on our L26500. Yes, the electrical lead to the heater pulled out of the connector. Re-crimped, lasted a week and happened again. Tried soldering the wire in place, that lasted an hour....apparently that gets so hot it melts solder. So we found Hi-temp crimp connectors, stripped back more wire and reconnected. Has held since then. Really great quality control there, HP.