• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error Code - HP L26500

Ditchmiester

Please help me identify this error?

photo.jpg

danno

The 79:04 is a generic data error in the manual. Could be a number of causes. Would need to get somebody in the firmware division to see if they can read the code below the number.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I was always told to do a memory check, reload the firmware, and then if those don't work isolate the printer on the network if you get that error frequently.

I now have the printer directly connected to my computer using a crossover cable and since then rarely get that error.

As has been previously stated, 79.04 errors are undefined, but there are sub-codes that can be used to further diagnose the source of the problem. We have seen network data errors cause this error, and the issue was that a TCP/IP phone was on the same physical cable (in-line) as the RIP computer.

The error that the OP was referring to was likely related to file system error on the printer itself. There is a system file check in the Maintenance Menu that would determine if that is the source of the issue or if the internal HD itself is at fault.

Hill Mountain

As has been previously stated, 79.04 errors are undefined, but there are sub-codes that can be used to further diagnose the source of the problem. We have seen network data errors cause this error, and the issue was that a TCP/IP phone was on the same physical cable (in-line) as the RIP computer.

The error that the OP was referring to was likely related to file system error on the printer itself. There is a system file check in the Maintenance Menu that would determine if that is the source of the issue or if the internal HD itself is at fault.

Thank you for the insight Castek, I had a similar error but am unfortunately unable to even get into the maintenance menu to diagnose the issue.

It looks like the hard drive may be the best place to start to get things back up and running.

Attachments

• L25500 BSOD.jpg
    L25500 BSOD.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 175