• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error on my 1624

kirkbedtelyon

Well after years of being so carefull with my printers... I accidentally let the material run out on the roll and jammed my 1624.

Instantly it errored out. I pulled the plug, pushed the on button to clear the machine and attempted to restart the machine.

I'm not able to consistantly start the machine now. I keep getting the following error message: E 0 92 ERR C R Overload

This is a carraige overload which doesn't make since to me. It seems like if there would be a problem it would be a feed error not a carraige error.

The carraige does seem to be getting held up when it tries to release from its base. Like maybe the solinoid that controls the release (the same release you would use to manually release the carraige) doesn't work right now.

I've been working with Sign Warehouse but no answers yet.

I can't be the ONLY ONE to have let my material run out. Anyone else run into this?

Any suggestions?

h82loose

Check that the orange plastic is on the release button. I have seen it shift and cause release problems. You should also check the locking mechanism. Make sure the base is at 90 degrees. If it gets bent in either direction, it will not release the head properly.

kirkbedtelyon

You should also check the locking mechanism. Make sure the base is at 90 degrees. If it gets bent in either direction, it will not release the head properly.

Thanks. I think this was the problem! Strange it happened exactly the same time I ran out of material and had the jam. But the locking mechanism was tilted. I straightened it and it seems fine.

PSI Signs

E092Err CR Over Load

Thanks. I think this was the problem! Strange it happened exactly the same time I ran out of material and had the jam. But the locking mechanism was tilted. I straightened it and it seems fine.

We had the same error. The metal bracket that holds the Print Head locking mechanism was tilted, we straigntened and it is working. Hope it helps.

kirkbedtelyon

Ugh I'm an idiot...

That moment when you have an error on your printer and search the web to find the answer. After finding the answer you realize you found the answer from a post your started 4 years ago (where you found the fix the first time). Seriously! lol