• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Error while printing

Thinline343

Hey guys looking for a little help. I have a TrueVis Sg2 540 and recently it stopped printing midway during the print. I get a red exclamation point and stops completely. Versaworks shows it’s printing but nothing. Printer shows now processing but not working. Not sure what to do. Any help would be great. Here is a pic of what it looks like on versaworks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,400

Mascitti Bro

I'd like to follow this one, as i had this happen right out of the blue just yesterday...( exact same descriptions ) ( VG-540 )

Last edited:

netsol

could it be as simple as one of the windoes updates is allowing windows to turn off your tcp port to save power. this has been happening to several clients (i ALWAYS disable this feature, we refer to it as microsoft trying to get the "al gore award" turning off network traffic in the middle of a print job.

could slso be antivirus software. we never use mcaffee since it has the habit of suddenly deciding port 9100 network traffic is something i need to be protected from

Thinline343

could it be as simple as one of the windoes updates is allowing windows to turn off your tcp port to save power. this has been happening to several clients (i ALWAYS disable this feature, we refer to it as microsoft trying to get the "al gore award" turning off network traffic in the middle of a print job.

could slso be antivirus software. we never use mcaffee since it has the habit of suddenly deciding port 9100 network traffic is something i need to be protected from
How would I turn off those features? Still having issues with it.

Signs91723

Graphic Designer
Any progress with this issue? The same has been happening for us except it doesn't always show that it's still printing. We're using Windows 10 Pro for our RIP computer. This has been happening more lately. I'm not sure if the weather may have a slight impact as its been much colder in the nights and I've read it can be an issue and we don't have a heater in our shop. Also, our previous designer would import to Versaworks from Flexi with an .eps file. I work with Illustrator and have been using PDFs that I drag into the queue. I've read that Teamviewer can also be an issue so I'll be uninstalling it today. If anyone else has advice I'd really appreciate it. We sometimes have 40+ foot prints and they stop 75% through. It's a real bummer.

HeyCoolaid!

Hey guys, looks like this thread has been sitting a few months but I am having the same issue; but here is the twist... I have 2 XR-640's side by side and while I got the red exclamation point on one of them, I dropped the same file (exact settings) into the queue for the other 640 and it processed and printed perfectly... I'm no rocket scientist or IT guy, but I'm guessing there could be a communication problem between VW6 and the printer itself rather than something with our Win10Pro PC settings. I guess unless maybe the antivirus, etc., can selectively screw with one printer over another? IDK, I'll keep messing with it and report back.

HeyCoolaid!

Lol, well guys a pretty anti climactic solution so far - smh... a hard power cycle on the affected printer and it is no longer file error constipated. At this point, through process of elimination, I'm guessing it was a network latency issue? If it happens again I'll check our router and see if there are other network IP address assignments too close to that printer. I had an IT guy tell me once that you can have latency issues if IP addresses are adjacent or too close - didn't make sense to me but thats not saying much lol.