• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Esko C60

HaasGraphics

Hello,
Yesterday was our first day after training to operate our brand new C60. After spending 4 days on the machine we have found that our machine and software is very buggy. The icut layout software is very tempermental with functions not executing. Icut production console is a little better but still a lot of quirks. I was expecting a cutter and software that would be user friendly and easy but I feel like a got something that is overengineered and poorly executed.

I was wondering if anyone has any past experiences similar to this and if there is any advice for me as we continue to learn.

Thanks

frojasferrari

Hi there, we have a Kongsberg X, everything working just find, BUT we use Caldera to do everything icut layout does, and had no big issues yet with the machines software.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

biggce55

I've felt your pain. We have an XN 24, and we had a lot of issues with the machine after it was installed, up to the point where they extended the warranty for an additional 6 months. We do all our layouts in Illustrator and not the iCut layout software as we were not a fan of that software. Its great for nesting if you have multiple designs. The machine still has a lot of bugs going on 2.5 years of operation. All I can say is learn the bugs, and note what you do to get around them. Esko will work hard for you to resolve the issues you have. If you went to training in Ohio, there's a reason why learning the hard shut down during training is one of the most valuable lessons learned.

Lemsanc

I’m in your same boat. Just this week we installed a new X cutter from Esko. Training is next week but we have already tried using it (with limited training from installer). In just the first day of “playing with the machine”, the icut software bugged several times when using the camera registration. We have had trouble selecting the right optical mark (most likely is not knowing direction of print vs I cut direction well) and the machine instead of verifying and asking us to re-select...it just freezes. We have had to restart software and retry a new mark until we get it right. I’m sure with training we will select the right mark on camera faster to avoid this issue, but it does not make sense that a user error can lead to freezing of system.