• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Estimate & other pricing software

packman

Hi all,
I downloaded the free estimate trial and have had a good look around it. I'm thinking its definately something we need in the shop as were hopefully expanding soon and need to have a better production run instead of just jotting on note pads.

I have a few questions regarding this software if somebody wouldn't mind answering.

1) How acurate is the pricing structure once all the variables have been inputted?

2) How long has it taken an etimate user to set up the pricing structure?

3) Is the estimate software just for pricing and quoting? Or does it convert a quote to an invoice? Or do I have to run a seperate accounts software too?

4) Apart from Estimate, are there any other programs that are just as good or easier to use?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks Mark

J

john1

I use graphixcalc software and it's not a monthly charge like estimate which i like and it's very similar for a fraction of the cost. I believe you can get a 15 day free trial on the graphixcalc website also.

Graphixcalc also integrates with quickbooks and you can generate a invoice from a quote and all.

It's like anything else, There is a learning curve but once you get the hang of it your set. You put in your materials and your hard costs and it has different suggested mark ups which help make profit on materials and it takes into consideration mounting and installation charges also per job.

http://graphixcalc.com

Locals Find!

I used estimate at a shop I worked at. I thought it was great. The boss raved about it and said we were making more money once, we started using it. If I remember correctly we didn't make invoices with it. The bosses wife did all the invoicing and collecting using quickbooks.

I mainly used it out in the field quoting jobs. Was great to be able to just put in the factors needed for a job right from my netbook and give a quote right on site. I liked that it had selections for every little detail that needed to be factored in. Made my life as a salesman so much easier.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Estimates current version is a subscription system so I've not upgraded. We are using version 2. The version we have does have invoicing built in and you can convert an estimate to a job/invoice. There is also a quickbooks link function but we do not use that. Configuring everything does take time but once the initial configuration and some adjusting of the margins is done it's pretty accurate. Just need to make sure to update it once in a while if one of your raw material costs change.

We actually use the free form plug-in a lot but we also use vinyl, wide format, and the labor one a good bit too. We have used Estimate for about 5 years now and it works well for us - especially for the one time cost - excpet like I said - you cannot get it anymore for a one time cost.

TheSnowman

I bought Estimate, and didn't have the patience to set it up, and never have used it. It's not the monthly one...but I guarantee you I wouldn't pay monthly for something like that.

Gene@mpls

Estimates current version is a subscription system so I've not upgraded. We are using version 2. The version we have does have invoicing built in and you can convert an estimate to a job/invoice. There is also a quickbooks link function but we do not use that. Configuring everything does take time but once the initial configuration and some adjusting of the margins is done it's pretty accurate. Just need to make sure to update it once in a while if one of your raw material costs change.

We actually use the free form plug-in a lot but we also use vinyl, wide format, and the labor one a good bit too. We have used Estimate for about 5 years now and it works well for us - especially for the one time cost - excpet like I said - you cannot get it anymore for a one time cost.

Ditto- we use the QBs module- works with a glitch once in a while.

ChiknNutz

Thanks for the plug John, much appreciated.

The trial is fully functional good for 15-days from installation. GraphixCALC has no additional modules or fees (other than if you need more than the included 2 PC licenses) and QuickBooks integration is a native feature. You can use it to produce Invoices, but it does not have an embedded accounting side, so is best paired with QuickBooks for a complete solution. Although I see a bit of discussion going around to find "one solution", we found that it best to not try and reproduce an already fully-featured accounting package, so simply chose to work WITH it. I can see the merits of building the one solution, but there is a lot to consider when doing so and would rather leave that to someone that has been doing so for years.

Joe Arenella

Customer Care
Quoting Software

Hi Mark,

You should look at Sign Tracker when you have time. You can try it free for 30 days and it includes estimating (very nice and easy), crm and job flow!

call if you need help 866-925-5527

Hi all,
I downloaded the free estimate trial and have had a good look around it. I'm thinking its definately something we need in the shop as were hopefully expanding soon and need to have a better production run instead of just jotting on note pads.

I have a few questions regarding this software if somebody wouldn't mind answering.

1) How acurate is the pricing structure once all the variables have been inputted?

2) How long has it taken an etimate user to set up the pricing structure?

3) Is the estimate software just for pricing and quoting? Or does it convert a quote to an invoice? Or do I have to run a seperate accounts software too?

4) Apart from Estimate, are there any other programs that are just as good or easier to use?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks Mark

OhioSignShop

QuickBooks Pro will convert estimate to invoice and has unlimited ability to allow input of all your various line items/labor/tax/permit fees and mileage or equipment rental, sku's etc. I see no need to learn and input all that data into two programs and then export data (estimate and bookkeeping) when one will do it in a seamless manner from the shop to the office.

econolinesigns

We just signed up with Sign VOX and I am in the process of setting it up now. Very user friendly and intuitive. I am setting everything up now and finding it very easy. Support is also extremely responsive. Before you sign up with anyone, explore all that are out there and see what works for you. That is what we did and I think we have found a winner. Check them out at www.signvox.net Contact them and do the on-line demo, it is what sold us.

Kevin-shopVOX

We just signed up with Sign VOX and I am in the process of setting it up now. Very user friendly and intuitive. I am setting everything up now and finding it very easy. Support is also extremely responsive. Before you sign up with anyone, explore all that are out there and see what works for you. That is what we did and I think we have found a winner. Check them out at www.signvox.net Contact them and do the on-line demo, it is what sold us.
+1 :U Rock: However its www.signvox.com :)

FatCat

Just thought I'd throw my vote in for GraphixCALC Pro.

Works great, easy to use - don't know what I'd do without it.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I use Volutive since i can have my freelancing and merch sales seperately in one software as 2 accounts, keep track of inventory of materials and do invoicing ... I largely use xcel to calculate out my invoices for me.

http://download.cnet.com/Volutive-Free-Invoicing-Inventory/3000-2067_4-10262791.html?tag=mncol;10

At work we have estimate ... pro I believe, I use it just to do invoicing and storing invoices and customer information. The graphics quote forms are a little cheesy to use though ... has the ability to calculate everything out by sq footage (including vinyl) but I don't use it since we go by linear footage in the shop and volutive goes a little crazy if you calculate that out.

In the next year I'm going to upgrade to quickbooks pro since I don't need quote software and quickbooks can do everything I need.