• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EstiMate software alternatives

Jean Shimp

I've been happy using EstiMate software for the past many years. Recently my hard drive crashed. I replaced it and re-loaded EstiMate but the data files I backed up are not copying over to the new install. I am looking at alternative estimating programs that may be similar. I want to be able to export invoices to QuickBooks and email estimates directly out of the estimating program. I also want to be able to include different terms and messages on the estimates like I do now. Any suggestions? TIA.

gnubler

Same here. I acquired EstiMate with the business I took over. It's pretty outdated and no longer supported, but it does work pretty well. We've discussed this in another thread, do a search on EstiMate. I use Wave for my invoicing because it's free, you can do estimates to an extent but everything has to be entered so you still need a master pricing system elsewhere.

DPD

This is just me but this is what I would do if I were you.

I've been using Cyrious Software since it's early versions. I never updated it because I use it for record keeping only - I don't estimate off of it. A few years back I began development of a spread sheet for all of my more complicated jobs and over the years I've fine tuned it. I can change my profit margins on the fly and I can input my time and see how it affected my gross profit. It helps me to remember parts of the job I wouldn't have even considered.

I do more than backup my drives because I do what's called image backups so if the drive fails I can purchase a new drive and re-image the drive to what it was - operating system, software, and all. I've had to do it a few times over the years, especially with my design system which has Flexisign, Adobe, and Corel plus all my customer graphics on it. When my drive went I replaced it two times because the drives I was purchasing would fail a week later. Things are stable now.

If I couldn't recover I would just go right to my spreadsheets, send out invoices manually, and find some free software for my customer information. Then again, I don't have a high volume business with multiple people working for me. It's me and one other person so we manage.

I like to keep it simple. Hope this helps and is food for thought.

- denis

kcollinsdesign

Old member
I'd just use Quickbooks and be done with it. Or send the customer a price using email. I don't have time to goof around with estimating programs. Of course, I only do a dozen or so estimates a week.

zspace

Premium Subscriber
Check into the cloud based programs. They will do all the things you mentioned, plus being cloud based you can access from anywhere. It is a monthly charge, so definitely more expensive than Estimate. The two I know off the top of my head are CoreBridge and ShopVox.