• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Evangelical Church logo

Does anyone have a vector version of this logo? Prefer a pdf or Illustrator CS6 or earlier file. Church only has a jpg file, and it looks awful when enlarged for a banner.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• The Evangelical Church.png
    The Evangelical Church.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 206

TimToad

Does anyone have a vector version of this logo? Prefer a pdf or Illustrator CS6 or earlier file. Church only has a jpg file, and it looks awful when enlarged for a banner.

Thanks in advance!

I doubt that it is a universally used "logo" per se. You can try Brands Of The World for the flame/cross part but that entire image ought to be a pretty simple to just recreate in vector in a matter of minutes for anyone with some basic computer skills.

timgo

Graphics Designer
Download:
ttp://s18694.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Evangelical-church.gif
Thanks in advance!
Evangelical-church.gif

Last edited:
I doubt that it is a universally used "logo" per se. You can try Brands Of The World for the flame/cross part but that entire image ought to be a pretty simple to just recreate in vector in a matter of minutes for anyone with some basic computer skills.
I was trying to avoid scanning-to-vector. I'm giving them the banner at a great price (they're friends) and I didn't want to spend the time.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Here's some advice. Quit making logos that aren't vector as pdf's. Might as well make it png or jpg

Apparently no one has this as a vector. It is a logo used by some evangelical churches. I contacted one but haven't heard back. I didn't see it on Brands.

I have to agree with myront. We all have dealt with the client who says "just get it off our website". I'll probably have to create the file. Hopefully it will make it easier to get into Heaven. Anyway, once I get around to it, if anyone needs it, let me know.

signmania@gmail.com

TimToad

Here it is. We use both VectorMagic and the autotrace in Illustrator and it took all of about 2 minutes to do this in VectorMagic. hope this works for you.

Attachments

• Evangelical-church.pdf
    92.9 KB · Views: 152
Here it is. We use both VectorMagic and the autotrace in Illustrator and it took all of about 2 minutes to do this in VectorMagic. hope this works for you.
THANKS! I'm going to have to check out VectorMagic. I never liked autotrace much--seems like I always had to do a lot of cleaning.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Vector Magic is a great little program. Very intuitive as well.
Best way to create a vector IMO anyway is to create the design yourself in Illustrator or other programs like PhotoImpact that allow for resizeable vector images.
Otherwise Vector Magic is a great alternative.

SignsSupport

decalman

Id trace it with Corel x5, and then clean it up a little. Re make the cross.
5 or 6 minutes to do. It would take another 30 to get it from this I pad to my work laptop. My Android phone only 30 seconds

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I see lots of issues on that autotraced file attached here. I am curious, how many of you would consider this acceptable and just use the file as is?

equippaint

I see lots of issues on that autotraced file attached here. I am curious, how many of you would consider this acceptable and just use the file as is?
I dont but I would manually trace it. It would take 5 mins as long as you didnt have to trace the text too.
Using autotrace and then spending 20+ mins trying to clean up sloppiness and extra nodes all over is dumb and I dont understand why so many choose this route.

TimToad generously ran it through VectorMagic and sent it. I did very little clean up so I could cut it out of vinyl. I'm considering purchasing the software per his recommendation--I was very surprised how well the text turned out.

I contacted a church that uses the logo, but since my client wasn't part of their "group" she politely declined to release the logo (it apparently is not trademarked/registered/copyrighted). I'm not a fan of politics in religion, so I decided to get a good copy of the logo to use. Thanks to TimToad I've got it. Anyone need it? It's attached.

Attachments

• THE EVANGELICAL CHURCH.pdf
    14.6 KB · Views: 146

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, by offering up a FREE file, our Merchant Members and friends, such as "Vector Doctor" are once again jipped and punished by the unthinking membership who claim we must stick together.

Why does this happen over and over again. From artwork to printing to whatever. Why does a Merchant Member even join this place ??

So, instead of getting into the politics of a group and their findings on the matter, it becomes alright to step on the toes of our paying Merchant Members. How thoughtful.

:wavingflag:

Bigdawg

Just Me
That's an interesting take Gino. While I agree in supporting our Merchant Members, I don't think that means we have to only use them (and for the record I use the Vector Doctor regularly and highly recommend him).

But for me the interesting point is that someone autotraced a logo and provided it. Is that allowable under the Signs 101 guideline? In the early days, I was banned for a while for requesting some vector art to use on my granddaughter's cheerleading sign. But what I was provided was a copyrighted image from someone's clip art library. And I feel that the ban was justified and changed my thinking on clip art (thanks Fred). But what about something someone traced? Is that ban-worthy or stealing art too? I would be interested to hear thoughts on that.

Edited to add that we probably would have spent the 15 minutes and redrawn in-house. The auto trace would not have been accurate enough for us.

Last edited:

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
It certainly did not bother me. My issue with the autotraced file was wondering how many people would clean up that file and how many would just simply output it as is. I see lots of poor artwork out there on the sides of vans, on banners and elsewhere.

I receive lots of autotraced files and for the most part it is much easier and less time consuming to redraw it rather than clean up

TimToad

The OP said it was going on a banner he was either donating or discounting the price of.

I didn't do it to deprive anybody of anything. It was to illustrate just how easy it can be to do something that any self-respecting signmaker with even a few years of experience should have in their grasp. To pay anybody, Merchant Member or not for such a fundamentally simple task that EVERYBODY should have the software and ability to do for a donated banner seems like a reach. Its not a set of $10,000 channel letters that a Merchant Member didn't get. Context does count a little.

If the site overlord who apparently monitors every single thread was concerned about the integrity of the site nearly 24 hours per day, why wasn't the second post in the thread from him, recommending that a Member Merchant be used?

If it was me, I'd only have used the flame and book graphic as a guide, redrawn them cleanly and then recreated the text. All in a matter of minutes.