• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Every Single Thing I Print Is Stretched

Nick761

Recently I upgraded from windows vista to windows 10 on a custom built PC. I'm Running Flexi 10 on a VV1204 with 50" wide media. I fired up my printer today as always and sent off a print only to see it come out extremely stretched out. This happened a few weeks back right after I installed Flexi once the PC was done. This is now the second time this has happened and I want to avoid reinstalling Flexi a 4th time.

After the first time I encountered this I reinstalled Flexi and it cleared the issue up. Now this is the second time and I'm at a loss on how to fix this with out doing another installation of Flexi.

Example of what I mean by stretched is.. If i send a circle I get an oval, as well as my contour cut marks are stretched out horizontally.

all art boards and graphics are sized properly for the media size I'm using.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

papabud

Lone Wolf
i would suggest double checking all your flexi settings. make sure everything is in place.
what process do you use to make and print your graphics

AKwrapguy

Recently I upgraded from windows vista to windows 10 on a custom built PC. I'm Running Flexi 10 on a VV1204 with 50" wide media. I fired up my printer today as always and sent off a print only to see it come out extremely stretched out. This happened a few weeks back right after I installed Flexi once the PC was done. This is now the second time this has happened and I want to avoid reinstalling Flexi a 4th time.

After the first time I encountered this I reinstalled Flexi and it cleared the issue up. Now this is the second time and I'm at a loss on how to fix this with out doing another installation of Flexi.

Example of what I mean by stretched is.. If i send a circle I get an oval, as well as my contour cut marks are stretched out horizontally.

all art boards and graphics are sized properly for the media size I'm using.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Check your Production manager and the size. I've had it where Flexi will change the size randomly. It doesn't happen that much more with the new Flexi Cloud as it did before but this has happened to me.

I think that it's a bug from the 'feature' of Flexi saving print settings. So at one point in time the size was changed and the file was saved, this will cause Flexi to think that you want every file printed with that same profile to do the same thing.

bannertime

Yeah, that'd be a good thing to check. I had a setting get set at like 25% reduction once. Or one was set to like 100% width x 101% height. Weird stuff like that.

Nick761

I’ve checked everything in my Rip and well as default job properties in PM still the same issue. What’s odd is I just sent a few things off to print right before with no problems, I never even closed the program.

I’ll post some pictures when I get back to the shop

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Just to throw it out there, I have seen this happen when a color profile reverses the resolution. So instead of a 540 x 1080 it might say 1080 x 540 and this confuses the printer because it expects the resolution the other way around. Also, ValueJets are known to do weird things if a job gets canceled and then send another one after.

Nick761

What’s odd is it’s the same profile I always use supplied by Arlon. But what is also odd is that the wave pattern is stretched out too I noticed

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The wave form is created by the printer so if it is also stretched out, you might actually have a main board problem or other electrical issue. Have you received error 16 at all recently?

Nick761

I have not. I put a new print head and main board in 3 years ago with no issue. It’s a long story as to why I replaced it....

But this issue isn’t present on the nozzle check?

AKwrapguy

I have not. I put a new print head and main board in 3 years ago with no issue. It’s a long story as to why I replaced it....

You might want to look at some sort of power/battery/UPS surge protector if your not using one already. It might be an unsteady power issue causing voltage issues with the printer. Also double check all your connections and ports.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Yeah the nozzle check is different from an actual print because with a nozzle check the printer is just telling the print head to fire all nozzles at a certain timing. With a print, the printer's processor creates a much more complicated signal and can get corrupted which is why I asked about error 16 which is a general CPU error. It's a weird one for sure.

Nick761

Well i just got back to the shop an fired up the printer and flexi after leaving both turned off and unplugged overnight. and well... everything works great again! but I'm still curious as to why this happened.

I've added pics of the nozzle check, internal printer palette and a Flexi palette.

VanderJ I need to get in touch with you on a new print head soon. I'm unable to recover my missing nozzles
flexi palette prints fine now

internal printer palette is fine too

Cant recover missing black nozzles

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
Please, check calibration in FlexiSign. In quickset properties (or default properties) enable checkbox to apply calibration for all jobs, print test 1x1 square, measure it by ruler and input real size to calibration window. After that all jobs will be applied with size correction