• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Excel Experts?

TXFB.INS

Not Sign Related

I opened my mouth with an offer, and now I am out of my knowledge range of Excel.

There is a data field with partial completion.
What formula will interpolate and fill the blank cells in the rest of the data table, while referencing both the ROW & COLUMN data that is already present.

PS: apparently EXCEL files cannot be uploaded........... so the file was converted to a PDF for viewing and also a ZIP for the EXCEL file

Attachments

• DATA TABLE.pdf
    61.9 KB · Views: 136
  • DATA TABLE.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 137

rossmosh

Here's what I'd do, but I'm not going to do it because it's a bit too much grunt work to do for free. Here's some of the math/functions.

Day 10: 5-10: =C8-(($C8-$H8)/5). 10-15: =H8-(($H8-$M8)/5). 15-20: =M8-(($M8-$R8)/5)

Just rinse and repeat that over and over again until you get to day 50. Then you should be able to copy and past that into the other rows without any issue.

There's a less accurate way of doing it too. Basically you'd set a trend line and just plug in the data using a y=mx+b formula, but I don't think that's the best way to do things on this project. If you had a lot more data, it probably would be, but with this much data, this is a 20 minute project to grind out. I'm sure someone knows a smarter way to do it so you don't have to reset the formula every 5 data points, but I can't think of how you can do it on a Sunday morning.

TXFB.INS

rossmosh
Thanks for the assist, I'm sure there is some guru that knows how.
I was hoping there was a faster way that would "autofill", but since the known data is varied between points, I'm drawing a blank

I am familiar with the =(end-start)/(COLUMN(end)-COLUMN(start)), but it's the rinse and repeat I was hoping to avoid.