• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Excited To Be Here

GandM Customz

Hi there my name is Gonzalo from G and M custom Embroideryin Illinois and am currently starting to get into the world of signs so am doing as much research as possible. If you guys have any tips/recommendations about do's and don'ts please do... Im currently seeking help for pricing i don't want to over sell or undersell, so if you have any helpful resources I would really appreciate them...

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Welcome abaord from California! It will all depend on what it is you are quoting if your looking for advice you need to post as much info as possible.

GandM Customz

Welcome abaord from California! It will all depend on what it is you are quoting if your looking for advice you need to post as much info as possible.
thanks! I currently own a gx24 vinyl cutter and a small roland versa camm bn-20 so i been doing a little bit of window decals/car decals for semitrucks and banners nothing big yet because like I mentioned im really bad at pricing.. I been Using the signexpert.com pricing calculator is that something you recommend?

bannertime

Welcome, and the best way to price jobs is to find what your "shop rate" is. Adding shop rate and materials plus markup is how you can get the correct price to stay in business. If you do a good job customers will pay, even if it is a bit higher than what they can get on VistaPrint. This is over simplified, but looking into that shop rate will show you the way. We used to just price based off of what felt right. We were also leaving hundreds of dollars on the table on just about every job. It can be applied to just about any industry.

GandM Customz

Welcome, and the best way to price jobs is to find what your "shop rate" is. Adding shop rate and materials plus markup is how you can get the correct price to stay in business. If you do a good job customers will pay, even if it is a bit higher than what they can get on VistaPrint. This is over simplified, but looking into that shop rate will show you the way. We used to just price based off of what felt right. We were also leaving hundreds of dollars on the table on just about every job. It can be applied to just about any industry.
I really appreciate your advice thanks