• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Expired white ink

Captain Quint

Getting ready to load the white ink on the HP FB500 and the ink has been sitting un-agitated since March '12. Mfg. date 03/2012 and warranty ends date of 10/2012. Any problems I should be looking out for? This will be the first time I've run white ink.

MikeD

Not sure if it will hurt the printer, but fairly confident that it will not produce a good print. I would buy a fresh one.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
White is meant to be used almost everyday, so it won't clog. I highly doubt your lines are clogged, if you haven't used it yet, but I'd shake the livin' daylights out of that container before you load it..... or like he said..... buy a new one.

One thought, what's cheaper ?? Buying a new white or fixing a clogged machine ??

signage

If that cartridge has been sitting un-agitated and also has an expiration date of 10-2012 I would not use it. Reason being if they are not agitated the titanium oxide separates and can not be resuspended just by agitating!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Remember..... if it's been all but a year since you used white before..... you better make sure that thing doesn't clog up after this one particular job.

When we got our first printer [years ago], I was gonna get white in there, also. The sales guy told me, unless you intend to use the white almost everyday, farm that kinda work out, otherwise it will mess your machine up.

Ask yourselves....... are we going to really start using a lot of white ??