• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Exporting CorelDrawX6 files to CAD

Stu Friesen

When I export CorelDraw as DXF or DWG file and import into a CAD program, the curved parts of the image appear as line segments. The CAD programs being used are Solidworks and BobCAD. I have read that DXFTool is a good fix for this issue. Does anyone have any experience with this DXFTool or have any suggestions to remedy this problem?

unclebun

What version of Corel? I remember in the past it used to do that. It was called polylines, I think. Even if you reimported the dxf file back into Corel Draw you would find the curves made up of line segments. I just checked it with Corel Draw 2017, and it did not create polylines from the curves.

Stu Friesen

I am using CorelDraw X6. Like you said, importing the converted file back into Corel showed the curves as short lines.I just tried the free trial of DXFTool and it seems to have solved the problem. I will have to wait until the router operator returns to see if the actual cuts are better.

unclebun

They have a full version 15 day free trial on their website. Might be worth trying it out to see if it solves that problem for you.