• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

exporting & importing problem from Flexisign-Pro

Maritimer

I have a Corel Gallery CD and I'm having problems exporting image to Flexisign-Pro. In Corel when I export it, it gives you the option to "save as type" I thought I choose EPS before. When I import the file from Flexisign it shows the image but it shows a blank slate when I click on print/cut

Am I missing a step here?

Maritimer

when I right click and click on mask it makes the image black. There's a red outline around the image and I wonder if that's the problem. I'm a part time sign maker and use Gerber software at the shop. I'm trying to do this on my home plotter/software that I don't use often. This particular image I wanted was on this CD

Maritimer

exporting & importing problem from Flexisign-Pro
<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225); background-color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> I have a Corel Gallery CD and I'm having problems exporting image to Flexisign-Pro. In Corel when I export it, it gives you the option to "save as type" I thought I choose EPS before. When I import the file from Flexisign it shows the image but it shows a blank slate when I click on print/cut

Am I missing a step here? There's a red border around image..not if that's the problem

<!-- / message --> <!-- controls -->
progress.gif

Maritimer

I posted it in both forums as I'm working with both Corel and Flexi to cut this image. I'm not sure what stage of software is the problem and if members would view post in either Corel or Flexi forum!

Drip Dry

Can you explain a little better of what your trying to do.

Do you have a clipart disk from Corel , and your trying to import it into Flexi?

If so, does the disk have .EPS files on it ? Are you using the import command
from Flexi ... and if you are, did you tell flexi to import just .EPS files ?

Sorry if this is not what your looking for

Maritimer

Yes it's Corel Gallery 2 CD-ROM Clipart. The files on the disc end in .CMX When I click on a file, it opens it in Coreldraw. Then I export it with a file name ending in .EPS, save as type is EPS & sort type Vector. Then I go into Flexi and import file name ending in .EPS-files of type says all files. Shows image but there's no image when i click on Cut/Plot

thewood

As someone already said, it sounds like the image is masked. Unmask the image, select the black box and delete it. You may have to repeat this several times before everything is unmasked.

Sometimes, when importing non-native files, Flexi will add masks to various layers/elements.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
As someone already said, it sounds like the image is masked. Unmask the image, select the black box and delete it. You may have to repeat this several times before everything is unmasked.

Sometimes, when importing non-native files, Flexi will add masks to various layers/elements.

This is exactly right.

There's a lot of gratuitous masking going on with Flexi and eps files. Flexi used to do the same thing with pdf files but that seems to have changed with version 8.x.

Any time you import any sort of foreign file into Flexi you need to open the Design Editor dialog [a really obscure name for what most everyone else calls an 'object manager'] and have a look at the composition of what you just imported.

Maritimer

It's version 8.1 I did manage somehow to show an image when I clicked on print/cut but it didn't cut the border on the original image when I cut it. The image is blue with a white space border and blue border around that. It will only cut the inside blue area. When I right click and click on unmask it goes black...if i click on this and delete it the whole image is gone