• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Exporting printing file with Signlab 9

Jeff

I outsource printing. I use Signlab 9.

I currently use the oracal 651 color pallet as a default.

I have been using the "publish to PDF" option when exporting files to send to different printers.

I sent this file to one of my printers as a color test.

View attachment 2 x 2 test color A3 pdf.pdf

It was printed on Avery MPI 1005 vinyl not laminated. An HP printer I believe

The colors seem blotchy and not rich / vibrant. I realize printed colors are not as vibrant as regular cut vinyl, but I have had other things printed that are brighter / richer looking.

Bottom line, are there suggestion as to how to export file out of Singlab 9 to get optimum colors when printing?

Different pallet to work from?

Better way to export files?

Thanks, Jeff

Asuma01

Well what does the print shop suggest you do? You can get very different results depending on the color profile you use when exporting and the color pallet you use. The printshop should be able to tell you how to save or export your files for the best result.

I would be curious about what some other print shops could do. You should get some sample comparisons from different sources.

After looking at the pdf I would not use the orcal color pallet. Most print shops want either rgb, cmyk, or pantone callouts.

Jeff

I have given specific cmyk numbers in the past and have had good results.

I could give the printer cmyk for the solid colors on the sample, but for instance the pink camo / red-white & blue stuff was just something I found on line. It looks great on my monitor, it looks good when I print it on my desktop printer. When I send it out something gets lost in transition.

I was hoping someone could give an idea of a better way to export the files from Signlab perhaps.

Thanks, Jeff

klingsdesigns

I feel like the printer would have to get you a color pallet file sent to you to import into signlab. And also have them print a color sheet onto whatever material you want them to print on. Then when you design in signlab make sure you use them colors and you will know how they print then. I hate color matching.