• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Exterior LCD displays.. Looking for help with ideas

waximoff

Hey everyone, Happy eclipse day! So I have a customer looking for a LCD display ("like a tv" was his description) that he wants mounted outside his office. Something he could change up pictures on, hours.. etc.

I've been googling for awhile now and keep finding the manufacturers websites, LG, Samsung, etc.. But cant find anyone who sells them.

Has anyone here dealt with this? There is a overhang so the panel would be shaded and kept out of rain and snow. Is there a way to use a tv and build something around it? I was thinking it wouldn't be bright enough though.

Any ideas would be great! thanks!

waximoff

Thanks Z, but those are LED signs. He's looking for something more like an LCD with photo quality resolution. I did see that watchfire had some hi res stuff but it's still not what we're looking for.

MikePro

i don't think the TV itself is made to be weatherproof. most times I see them in enclosures, purchased separately.
the-tv-shield-diagram.jpg

waximoff

Thanks for the responses guys. I emailed Bruce to see what he has to say. That mirage vision site and that case for the tv's both look like what I was searching for!